25. Dreadful Night

Word Glossary:
Vaidh - Traditional Ayurvedic Physician

Dusk was near meaning end of the day so their work was also wrapped up. Raina completed her work and moved out of that small office of village council.

She saw other people sitting in the car then she remembered that she hadn't seen Adya since afternoon , she searched for her but couldn't find her.

The other car was also gone by that time, anxiety was creeping on her mind when someone called her from behind, "Ms. Raina..!!!"

After hearing that strong voice she turned around. Adhiraj looked at her and asked, "All work done??"

She nodded her head. She again looked for Adya but when she couldn't find her, she asked, "Sir....Where is Adya ma'am and Rohan sir??"

He normally replied, " They went back to Jodhpur in afternoon , some important matter came up."

She was shocked, suddenly she started feeling insecure just like a baby lost somewhere.

She asked worriedly, "How will I go back.?? I came with them."

Adhiraj said pointing towards his car, "Come... I will drop you.."

He started walking but Raina was rooted on her place looking at his back. When he felt that she was not following him he turned and called her, "Come fast Ms. Raina.. It is getting dark. The way back is not safe enough."

Raina came out of her dazed state and followed him. She was pouting thinking, 'How will I spend three hours with this lion all alone.??'

When Raina reached near his car , she moved her eyes over that sleek black car. It was looking beautiful and expensive..

She had a strong fascination towards car and bike since forever. She smiled a little and muttered, "Black Beauty... I already like you."

She opened the door of passenger seat and settled herself on the comfy seat. Adhiraj had already ignited the engine. As soon as she was comfortable on her seat he started his car.

Silence..... Pin drop silence was hovering in the car... Almost half an hour had passed but none of them spoke a word. If another normal girl would be sitting beside him, she would have drifted to sleep out of boredom but insomniac like Raina was not lucky to get it although her sleeping quota was already completed .

Her hands automatically went to the button and the window glass slided down. Cool air passed through her hair. In daytime, the same air was feeling like hot steam on her body but dessert cooled down as soon as the sun set...
She sighed in relief... Artificial AC's cool air was nothing in front of that natural breeze.

Adhiraj's attention turned towards her. She was awfully quite with him. It was not like everyone conversed with him casually, most of the people other then his family and friends always repulsed from chatting with him due to his cold behavior but he was not liking the thick silence prevailing between them. He knew it earlier that Raina will not behave casually with him, scratch that , she never behaves casually with anyone other then Akshit and her friend..

To make her more comfortable he turned of the AC and slided the window glass of his side.

But still the level of silence didn't go down.

Adhiraj continued driving in the darkness..

Suddenly the car lost its balance on the road but Adhiraj managed to pull the sudden break.. They jerked forward due to the momentum.

Raina kept her palms flat on dashboard to prevent any hitting. Her heart was beating very fast, she put her hand on her chest to calm her rapid breathing.