45.Old Pages

When Raina left the room, heavy silence prevailed there.
"She had gone through so much.",Uday Singh whispered in distress.

Vasudha exhaled and got up from her seat.

"Where are you going Rani sa?",he questioned.

"I am going to check upon her, she was not looking good.",she answered.

He frowned,"But she said to give her some space."

Vasudha smiled lightly at him and said softly, "Kids say many things Rana sa, parents have to choose and do what is correct for them."

At that moment, Adhiraj knew that his parents cared for Raina like their own. And they were grieving for what she had gone through.

She walked out of the room , passing through corridors she was thinking how to face her. If her husband would have find her that day then she might be living a much better life, not in any shelter home.

She smiled remembering her furious eyes, she was confident just like Raghav and stubborn same as Naina. One can see her parents' traits in her clearly but Vasudha couldn't guess it before.

She turned the knob and entered the guest room looking for her, she narrowed her eyes when Raina didn't come in view.

"Ria!!", she called but got no replies. She was going to leave the room but sounds from bathroom caught her attention.

She moved near the bathroom's door and her foot fell on the pills scattered their, from there she heard the sounds of water very clearly.

"Ria? Are you inside?", she asked knocking the door, she listened carefully but no reply came out just few muffled voices.

She banged the door , the unlocked door creaked open a little due to the force she applied.

"Ria, Come out right now or I am coming inside.", she warned.
Finally she pushed the door after a minute of silence and got the shock of her life.

Raina was seating on the floor, all soaked, water pouring over her, eyes closed and head falling sideways.

"Ria!!", she gasped running to her, she bent down and shook her.

"Open your eyes. Are you listening me?", she tried but every attempt was futile.

She looked at the shower as water was also sprinkling on her, she stood up and turned off it.

She tried to wake up her again by tapping her cheeks and shaking her shoulder but Raina didn't buzzed.

Vasudha screamed in panic, "Is someone there? Help!!!"

She ran out from bathroom and then from bedroom to get instant help.

She was only ten steps away from the door when she collided with someone.

Adhiraj balanced his mother and looked at her, she was looking shaken up and her silk saree was also drenched.

"Maa sa, what happened?", he asked worried.

She pulled him with her, "Adhiraj,come fast."

He silently let her drag him.

"See,She is not responding. Do something Adhiraj.", she worriedly said making him stand in front of her.

His eyes widened, he went to her hurriedly.

"Raina, get up.", he tried to wake her up along with her mother.