chapter 18

Naina pov:

Suddenly lights went out!!

A flash on the stage appeared making my parents glow either it was because of the light or their happiness.

The lights were dimmed but you can see each other faces. I was so curious right now, what's happening?

My Dad started talking through his mic " Good evening everyone!! For those who dont already know me, I'm Raj Rai and this is my wife Savita Rai and we're parents of this beautiful bride. We would like to thank everyone for joining us on the eve of Aditya and Naina's wedding".

Now, My Mom started to talk through her mic " As I look at these two beautiful people tonight. I think back to when Naina was born".

A projection of my childhood pic started. All the memories flooded into my mind. My eyes started welling up with tears.

" She was a healthy baby weighting 3.5 kg. When your Dad first saw you he was crying out of happiness. In the era of not wanting girl child. Your grandmother distributed a lot of sweets to the poor. I wanted to name you Aisha but seeing your beautiful mesmerizing eyes your Dad decided to name you Naina".

I was now full on crying, Adi offered me his handkerchief and held my hand while rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

My dad started reminiscing " She is my princess ever since I held her in my arms. I was not a billionaire at that time. I gave her everything that I could afford at that time. She used to sleep in my arms when I used to work  at night. It was her good luck that brought such success in our life".

I was now sobbing with a smile. Such a weird combination this is. Now Adi's arm was wrapped around my shoulders.

Mom spoke " she used to imitate me while scolding her dad for not eating. She would not talk to him if he came late, doesn't eat or sleep on time. Aditya beta(dear) dont do these things  unless you want a  24/7 Annabelle doll around you".

Everybody laughed listening her last sentence.

Mom continued " her first day in kindergarten she came back crying saying A girl stole her chocolate and after  investigation we found out that girl was Alia. She is now her best friend".

We were sitting in front of the stage. Behind me Alia was sitting. I screamed " chocolate chor (theif)" teasing Alia and everybody laughed including Alia. She said explaining " you had my favourite chocolate how was I suppose to control" such a dramaqueen she is.

Dad continued " When Sahil was born  she was so protective of him. She used to follow him everywhere and put pillows in every corner in the house with my help. She's such a great sister till now. Even they both fight a lot but their love and bond is inseperable".

Pictures on the projector was continuously changing.

Mom continued " the idea of putting pillows was his he just encouraged Naina to do it. We didn't realise how time has passed. It seems like I just gave you birth yesterday. You have achieved so much in your life my child. We both are proud of you. You are a daughter every parent dream off. Aditya always cherish and protect her. Keep her like a queen, God bless you both."

Dad said " Aditya you are our second son. Always care for each other. She is very emotional, don't say anything harsh to her. Naina don't forget your Father and Mother after getting married. Keep visiting us or we will kidnap you .

Everybody laughed at his last words. I was crying like a mad women now. I just ran to them or walk because my lengha is so heavy. Adi helped me on the stairs. My eyes were blur because of tears.

I hugged my parents. "How can I leave you guys, You are my life" I said crying. My mom was also crying. Dad eyes were also gleaming with tears.

" Dad! Mom! Dont worry I will treat Naina like a queen. You all stop crying  its your daughter's marriage you should celebrate" Adi said enlightening the mood.

The celebration was started. Bollywood music was blasting in the loudspeakers. Everybody was dancing and laughing.

Dance performances were prepared were performed. I also prepared dance performances for my parents, Aditya and In laws.

Everybody cheered while I was dancing.

Adi and I were forced to dance together. He's such a great dancer. We both forgot the world around us for some minutes.

Now It was time for saatpheras. We both sat on the pavilion. The pandit was chanting the mantras. Kanyadan was done by tears and life long blessings . We took saat phere. Adi put mangalsutra ( A necklace worn by Indian women to signify that she is married) and vermillion on my partition while looking into my eyes with adoration.

The pandit announces us Husband and Wife and told us to take blessing from elders.

The pandit announced us husband and

Adi came towards my ear and said

"Congratulations to Mrs Naina Aditya Singh. You are mine now"

***************

Hello my lovely readers❤️

Thank you for all the love❤️

Hope you like the chapter❤️

Please comment, vote and share❤️

Do you guys want a cliffhanger or you want the story to remain sweet??❤️