Chapter 21

Naina pov:

I was cocooned in a bundle of warmth, when I opened my eyes and saw the position we were in blood rushed to my cheeks. Adi's face was crooked in my neck. His breath was sending shivers to my body.

Adi was sleeping peacefully with his arm wrapped around me. His hair were messily rested on his forehead. He was looking like a greek god. Stop checking out your husband Naina.

I decided to freshen up afterall it's my first day in this house. I was so nervous. I went to the shower and stood under it. The sound of water running made me think. You spend your whole life with your loved ones and in a speck of time every relation is changed.

You have to get familiar with your new home, new family and a new relation called husband. The parents you took granted in your whole life were nowhere to be seen in this new maze of life. The freedom you wanted in your whole teen life, you now have it.

But, instead of celebrating it you are craving and praying to god to take away this so called freedom and return us the protective shield of family.

After showering and brushing I got ready in my silk lime color saree with some plain work of beads matched with pink blouse accompanied with white flats.(picture above)

I always wanted to wear saree on my first day of being married. It just give great vibes of elegance and sheer beauty.

After some finishing touches to makeup I decided to go out of the room, Adi was still sleeping so I tip toed out of the bedroom.

I descended the stairs carefully. The house was filled with silence. All the relatives went back after the marriage finished, so now it was only 5 of us.

Mom and dad were drinking their morning tea in the open living room.

Their faces lit up seeing me. " Good morning Naina beta(dear), Come drink tea with us" Mom said with a smile on her face.

" Good morning mom dad" I proceeded to touch their feet but mom touched my shoulder stopping me " No!no!daughters don't touch feet" ( In India touching elders feet is a sign of respect. Unmarried girls don't touch feet they just greet them)

A big smile embraced my lips. I felt loved, my imagination got the best of me in thinking every worst situation.

" If Adi ever mistreated you come to me beta(dear) I will punish him for you." Dad said seriously to me.

" Sure dad" I said smiling towards him.

We spend half an our talking about dad and my dad's childhood memories. Dad was a lady killer in his teens, I didn't know that.

" Go wake your husband up, remind him to take a pain killer after eating breakfast his body will be aching from yesterday's sitting and flashes." Mom said sighing with worry.

Mother's know everything. I went to my room, Adi was still sleeping like a log. I called his name while shaking his shoulder gradually.

He opened his eyes groogily and rubbed his temple with his fingers. He  sat up and rested his head on the headboard of the bed.

He groaned with pain and smiled weakly at me " good morning" I felt bad seeing him in pain. I said " turn around, A head massage will feel good" he turned around and I started massaging his temples and brushed my hand in his hair and massaged his scalp.

He sighed in releif, I took out my favourite hair oil from my suitcase and started massaging his hair and temple again. He moaned with releif.

" Thanks a lot Naina, this feels like heaven" he said with gratitude " oh I didn't want my husband to be grumpy on the first day of our marriage." We both laughed at the statement.

" Let the oil rest for some time , go fresh up and eat breakfast" I said putting the bottle on the vanity. He stood and came up to me and said " Ok" kissed my forehead and went to the bathroom. I blushed with the unfamiliar sensation and butterflies rushed in my belly.

This life feels good, I'm not feeling unwanted and out of the place. It just feels like I belong here from the start.

I went to the kitchen to help mom with breakfast. I made 'gajar ka hawla' for dessert.

Adi came with a half asleep Akshita limping towards dinning table " Uth ja kumbkaran"( wake up khumbkaran)

( Kumbkaran was a legend in Indian mythology who used to sleep for 6 months)

" I'm exhausted" she yelled and put her head on the table with a thud. " It's ok akshu come to my room I will massage your head and sleep for some time, you will wake up as light as a feather" I said rubbing her back.

" Aww! thank you so much bhabhi , sorry but I'm usually cranky in mornings" she said hugging me while sitting.

" Haa!! Finally I'm free from these trouble makers" Mom said while doing a victory dance. Everybody laughed except Adi.

"My princess is not a trouble maker" dad said with fake anger.

Suddenly Aditya stood up with anger.

***********************

Hello my lovely readers ❤️

I'm so so sorry. I know I'm late 😭

But my mind was just blank. Today it took me 5-6 hours to write this much🥺

So please tell me how you feel about this chapter❤️

You guys are showering so much love to my book. I'm so grateful to you all❤️

I got so many messages from readers 😭 demanding to update❤️😭 It just felt so good that someone is eagerly waiting f❤️r me to update🥺

Keep reading ❤️

Please vote, comment and share❤️