Chapter 20

Naina pov:

The car was moving towards my new home. I was feeling suffocated like someone has clenched my heart and squeezed it so hard that it cut off the oxygen in my body.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my small frame. I looked towards the person who embraced me and the oxygen started flowing again.

" Shh Naina, I am with you at every step. Stop crying please, I know the pain of separation with your family is unbearable. But, you can meet them whenever you want and everyone will love you more in this house." He whispered in my ear while rubbing my back."

I was choking with tears, he gave me water and waited till the choking subsided.

" Thank you" I replied. Then, I noticed the position we were in. I was grabing his sherwani from his waist and his arms were lazily rested on my back. I blushed with our promixity of closeness. Seeing that he tightens his arms. My eyes widened with his act.

We were seated in a limousine, So there was a partition between driver and us.

"Aditya ji, please!" I whispered telling him to stop. " Don't call me Aditya ji , call me Adi" he whispered in my ears.
He captured me in a bundle of warmth.

I felt peaceful, the feeling of his arms felt like I have found a oasis in a vast desert with excruciating heat.

We reached home. Adi took my hand and helped me with my lengha. The last thing I want is to fell flat face in front of the gate with all these people present.

Mom was standing on the gate to welcome us. She did our aarti and I entered the house after pushing the kalash full of rice down.

Then the rituals started. They are exciting but I'm exhausted. We were seated on the floor with equal teams to cheer and a bowl full of milk,water coins and rose petals.

The ritual defines the dominance of decision making Between groom and bride. Mom took the ring and swirled her hand in the bowl and put the ring in it sneakily.

I and Adi started searching. We both were exhausted but the cheers kept us alive.

I found the ring but I think Adi purposely let me find it. In second round he find it. In third round we both were finding the ring like mad persons to end this early.

I felt the ring and before I could grab it Adi grabbed the ring and put it to my ring finger. I smiled and took it out of the bowl.

Everybody cheered for me and said I will dominate Adi but the truth is Adi will dominate but with consideration of my decision.

I want to sleep so badly. My eyes were half closed now. Mom told Adi to took me to his room or should I say our room.

My sleep went out of the window when Adi lifted me bridal style. Everyone started cheering seeing his stunt.

My eyes widened " what are you doing" I screamingly whispered. " My wifey is sleepy, I'm afraid you might slip the steps while sleep walking" he said cheekily.

He was lifting me easily. I wrapped my arms around his neck to help him to maintain balance.

Suddenly it hit me, Today is the' first night'. What are you thinking Naina. You both are just gonna sleep.

We reached the room. It was black and grey. The room screamed of richness and elegancy and full of his odour of wood and resinous.

He sat me down on edge of the bed. I was nervous. The feeling of being in some else room and the thought to live here forever makes me nervous.

" We should change these heavy clothes" I said nervously. He nodded and helped me with the suitcase.

I took out my night wear and closed the suit case and he put it back to its place.

" Do you need help with jewelery?" I blushed and nodded. Don't make this uncomfortable Naina, he is your husband.

We went in front of the vanity. I started instructing Adi to take pin out from inside the bun.

" Your head must have been so heavy with all these pins" he said picking out the pins". I sighed dramatically " It's blasting".

He helped me the jewelery and showed me his walk in closet. I changed my clothes and went to the bathroom which was attached with the closet and removed the heavy layers of makeup.

I am feeling like some one has lifted up tons of weight from me and now I'm light as a feather.

I went in the bedroom and saw Adi changed and lying on his side of the bed.

I went to my side and got tucked in the duvet.

I sighed loudly.

"You okay?" He asked softly. " Yeah, just tired" I whispered. " Naina" he whispered, I replied with a "hmm"
" I want to make this marriage work and I will try to make you comfortable here" he said with a serious voice.

I smiled hearing his words. Which wife doesn't want his husband to be with her and make her comfortable in her new home. "Thank you Adi, I also want both of us to be comfortable with each other" I said in a soft voice with a small blush.

He moved from the edge of the bed to near me. Small space remain between us. But he didn't made me uncomfortable. But butterflies were flying out in my stomach.

" You know I have heard that husbands are a great pillow" he said cheekily. I laughed hearing his words. Did he want me to sleep in his arms. I blushed at that thought. Until now I was a girl with minimum contact with males but I'm glad I decided not to indulge with them.

I moved towards him and laid my head on his chest. I was feeling butterflies in my stomach going crazy.
He wrapped his arm around my waist. His heavenly odour reached my nostrils.

" Are you comfortable?" he whispered . Sleep was overpowering now "hmm, goodnight" I whispered half asleep.
" Goodnight" he whispered and tightened his embrace.

"This night was a pure bliss"

***************
Hello my lovely readers❤️

I'm so happy to see such a great response from you all❤️

Each and every comment means a lot to me❤️

Please keep supporting and reading❤️

Please comment,vote and share❤️