viginti unus

mars needs a foe to break

his sand-stained back.

-

-

-

"i like the snake on your tattoo,

i like the ivy and the ink blue,

yayo, yes you, yayo,

you have to take me right now."

lana del rey +++ yayo

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

i can't sleep with all the thunks taking up the stuffy air of my room. the person, the new tenant next door, is a constant haunt. my ears feel like they are boiling--every single scream is a roar in my ears but i can't, can't, cannot  block out the noise no matter what i do.

i'm almost to the point of hyperventilating here. what is mr. kim even doing to that poor man?

but is he poor? who is he? 

did he hurt mr. kim--i mean taehyung--in some way to deserve the punishment that is surely being inflicted upon him right now?

oh, fuck. damn it! 

why am i trying to defend kim taehyung?

yuck, i don't even want to think about the normalcy of his name, the comfort of his clothes, the replay of his sane-sounding voicemail repeating strangely in my mind. on top of the muted screams next door, i can still hear mr. kim speaking in a cordial business tone. 

press four to connect to the real workshop, so i can tell you the real work i do. you might not enjoy all of the gruesome details-

"...kook!"

the door handle to my room is jiggling. SHIT! SHIT!

i have to pretend to be okay. i'm fine...it's not like i know his name. it's not like i left the room. idon'tknowhimidon'tknowhim.

(taehyung. taehyung!)

i turn my head to face the wall, hoping he can't see the sorrow in my tensed shoulders or the pain visible in the cloud that surrounds me. i force myself to quiet down. otherwise, my quick fluttery breaths will give away the fact that i'm struggling so, so bad.

then i hear it. mr. kim's voice. it's very quiet, almost undecipherable.

"...did...i not...?"

but before i know it, the door slams shut. CLICK! 

the click of the door being locked is painfully loud in my ears. taehyung must have realized he didn't lock my door after he left last time.

i resume my heavy breathing, thoughts overtaking my senses. my hands rub angry flames over the scars covering my stomach. what would a villian like mr. kim make out of his mistake? is he one to dwell on it, to beat himself up over the blatant error of his actions? his expectations are so high, and to fall off of the tower he's built out of those expectations...will it hurt him when he lands on the ground?