viginti octo

but what if you and i

are simply misfit toys?

_

_

_

"it's no wonder every man in town,

had neither fought nor found you,

everything you do is elusive,

to even your honey dew."

lana del rey +++ honeymoon

_

_

_

remodeler's POV

jungkook falls asleep on me within the first twenty minutes of beauty and the beast, his head resting on my shoulder. every breath of air that plumes from his lips hits my neck, and instead of watching the movie, i find myself preferring his features in my viewing space. 

his resting face is so calm, so vulnerable. it's way different from the torrent of anxiety that normally knits his thick brows. his closed lids are soft, fluttery almost, completely polar from his normally attentive, wide lenses that scrutinize everything with intense observation. long eyelashes pepper his pale cheeks with vivacious demure, as if purposely taunting me in their rem-cycle flutters like a long lost movie star. 

i peer up at the movie, comparing jungkook's youthful flush with that of belle. they are both meant to fall into the hands of the beast, only, i realize with much mental tackling, what that implies about myself.

i'm the beast. trapped in castle far from jungkook's home in normal-land, fated to steal him for my own. except i don't have a rose that's withering in a case, bound to end my life on a moment's notice. no one is searching after me--maybe they are trying frantically, but don't know where to start--and i am simply a vagabond escapee in the throes of my own delightful antics.

jungkook is my rose. when he withers, i wither too. i must keep him precious, preserved. let nobody in to touch him. i'm sure he'll fall in love before he can stand to lose his petals, and i'm sure i will too.

i sigh, clicking the television off. it's still a bit early in the day, and i have plenty of work to do in my workshop. i have yet to finish mrs. adversia's fountain centerpiece, which i should put most of my energy towards. 

only one problem...

the boy next to me is bandaged to the brim, breathing my neck in and out as if it's the only thing holding him together. i would hate to wake him by moving, but i need to get work done.

i slide my fingers to cup his under chin, creating a temporary headrest while i slip out from under him. i then prop the pillows against the headboard to create a similar effect. i halt from time to time as he murmurs and nuzzles his cheek into the pillowcase substitute.