quinquaginta quinque

so unquestionably freakish is 

the circle of life.

_

_

_

"don't look too far,

right where you are,

that's where i am. i'm your man.

i'm your man."

lana del rey +++ mariner's apartment complex

_

_

_

third person POV

"come in."

taehyung slowly raises his head from the pillow to greet the knocker.

the first time his mother greeted him, he was a bit dizzy from the pain killers. he wasn't even able to speak to her coherently when he first woke up. since then, a day has passed, and his mother is the person who has been plaguing his thoughts.

during that time, an attendant or nurse figure would come in periodically to check up on him. he always asked the white-gowned woman how jungkook was doing and always received the same response.

he's resting. you should too.

"good morning."

mrs. adversia--if she can even be called that anymore--walks into the room with mild reserve, clasping her palms loosely as she enters the bright room. the bedroom is styled softly, with hints of lavender and cream, potted plants, and framed photographs of the lake. taehyung attempts to sit up and winces. mrs. adversia waves him down.

"now, don't be pushing yourself, bab--taehyung."

she pulls an armchair up to the side of the bed and regards her son with a strange air. he does the same, now in a sober state of mind--able to really see her for the first time. without all of the caked makeup, the long blond hair, and the high pitched voice with a gentry accent that scraped on taehyung's nerves, he can see bits of the woman he remembers from childhood.

he can see his mother's high cheek bones, thin brows, stern-looking lips. the little mole on her chin. sure, there are more wrinkles here and there, more gray hairs upon her chocolate bob cut of hair, but she's pretty much the same person. she even wears the same kind of clothes that she used to--today she wears a beige sweater with navy jeans with matching boots. 

they sit like this for a while, staring at each other. thinking their own thoughts. finally, taehyung clears his throat, reaches an arm out to break the bubble that separates them.

"it's been a while, mother."

and then it pops.

taehyung breaks down when mrs. adversia reaches out to take his hand, sobs naturally erupting from his chest. he knows he should hate this woman because of the things his father has told him about her, but he finds he can't. she helped them, saved them--if it wasn't for her intervention, jungkook and him might not be alive.