quadraginta novem

isn't working a puzzle backwards 

going against the artist?

_

_

_

"i can do it if you really, really like that

i know what you really want, b-baby,

i can do it if you think you like that

you should run, boy, run."

lana del rey +++ money power glory

_

_

_

third person POV

jungkook runs out of the house the moment the gate opens, waving down taehyung's remodeling van with frantic arcs of his arms. the van speeds up before it parks, skidding up clouds of gravel dust before the remodeler gets out of his van, eyes wide.

"what! what baby!" taehyung runs to jungkook, who shakes his head as if to say i'm fine, don't worry, nobody is trying to choke me to death or slice my throat open. 

"emily is inside."

jungkook points at the house, mouth wild with words. they tumble from his mouth like an overgrown thicket, pouring sharp thistles and dead flowers out onto the gravel in front of them. the pharmacist goes over what happened, how emily discovered the murder plan, how desperate she was to get on taehyung's good side again, how he thought up a new plan which makes emily the knife bearer.

it takes taehyung a few seconds to inhale all of these plants spread out before him. some are so obnoxiously weedy and painful to think about--jungkook tackling emily? a few bushes spike him in the heart--why would jungkook let her in?

he fumbles for words while jungkook pours on and on, worrying him with his half-mad rant about how emily would rid them of any suspicion. if emily were to murder the adversias and then they murdered her by simply pushing her from a bridge to feign suicide, it would be much easier to avoid the investigators close examination of the crime scene. with only blond hair and nail polish on the bodies, what police force would be able to pin the crime on them? espcecially if emily wasn't alive to tell the cops about it.

taehyung frowns, smiles. frowns again. it's too much for him to comprehend all in the moment, especially after returning from the adversias' mansion just moments prior. so instead, he asks:

"where is emily now?"

jungkook holds up his hands apologetically. "in the living room. i told her i was giving her an aspirin, but i actually gave her one of those psychedelic pills you gave me that one time."

"what?" taehyung steps back with the information. that means jungkook must have discovered the secret floorboard stash of dangerous objects in their bedroom. he has to give it to the pharmacist, for he is smart, but it bothers him that jungkook knows the location of the house lighters. it scares him. "why'd you give her that?"