triginta novem

if only promises tasted

sweeter than security.

_

_

_

"i need you like a baby

when i hold you.

like a druggie,

like i told you."

lana del rey +++ yayo

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

the flame is bright, enveloping me in this dark house. its garish reds manifest in my soul as deep longings...sharp wants. my shoulders sting at the tight grip of fire. it's so familiar...

"ah..." i groan as the burning digs into my chest cavity. any doubts i had before with the fire have burned away. he made me do this, taste this remedial fire to forget about all the things i lack...

"taehyung..." i whisper to him, the one that made me do this. i arch my back at the sensual licks the flames give to my shoulder. soon i'm shaking...shaking-

why am i shaking? am i...?

"jungkook."

the voice is stern. my eyes open in the dark bedroom, and i struggle to make out the form in front of me. i feel fingertips digging into my shoulder. mr. kim's soapy scent washes over me and i inhale deeply. taehyung must have finished burying andrew finally--took him long enough. i must have dozed off while waiting.

"you're back."

naturally, my hands go up to touch his hardly visible face in the dark room. my fingers barely ghost over his cheekbones before i feel my hands slapped away.

(W4hat? Di*d I d-0?)

"why is there a lighter on the bedside table."

oh n0. oh.

taehyung releases my shoulders and i slump against the sheets. i knew i shouldn't have brought the lighter up, being so tired. i fell asleep before i got the chance to hide the damn thing-

"answer me, jungkook."

the lamp flicks on, taehyung sits on the edge of the bed, holding the miniature lighter jammed between his fingers. his dark eyes reprimand me at the same time they offer a distant comfort, which makes me want to cr4wl under the b3d and h1de.

"i...i was just mad, that's all." i force a breath out, guilt beginning to creep into me. "i was stupid for bringing it up, but i didn't do anything with it-"