viginti septem

the hottest place on earth 

could never compete with your soul.

_

_

_

"i'm your jazz singer 

and you're my cult leader,

i love you forever,

i love you forever."

lana del rey +++ ultraviolence

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

"let me give you a tour of my house."

taehyung says to me after quite some time, after we've been sitting in silence on his bed. he couldn't embrace me as i know he wanted to, so he sat there holding my hand.

but i didn't mind. he's so warm. and i know he cares so deeply for me.

he saved me, didn't he?

"okay." 

i follow his lead as he tugs my hand up. he asks me if i want something like a blanket to cover my shoulders or a baggy shirt so i can at least stay warm. i tell him that i'm fine as long as he holds my hand.

we then traverse down the staircase i thought he was going to push me down only weeks ago. i regret doing so now, and he must sense the darkness passing over my face we as lightly step down each carpeted platform.

"jungkook, forget about that. i wouldn't hurt you-"

"i know, taehyung." i squeeze his hand gently, interrupting him from going on a list of well thought out promises. he doesn't need to promise me anything anymore. i know him, can sense that he won't hurt me. his adoration seeps from his eyes with each glance, and i curse myself for not sensing its presence earlier, when we kissed for the very first time. "i'm just upset at myself for getting so scared around you back then."

mr. kim sends an inquisitive look my way, blackish eyes crawling along my profile as we walk through the ever-so meticulous living room and into the kitchen i've been in before. "you had reason to be afraid. i hurt you before, chased you down, you wanted to kill me, jungkook-"

"stop it." my heartbeat increases at the words, palm going sweaty in his grip. i try to focus on keeping my breathing steady but cannot. "don't-"

"you saw those bodies, jungkook. saw my collection of torture toys. you know what i do." 

"taehyung...that doesn't mean anything now..."

we head past the kitchen to a door. he opens it with a flick of the wrist and before us is a set of bland, gray stairs. i stare down into the dark abyss, meeting equally abysmal black eyes when i search the face of my captor.