quinquaginta sex

the repository of the heart

holds a slice of another's life.

_

_

_

"in these stolen moments,

the world is mine.

there's nobody here, just us together,

keepin' me hot like july forever."

lana del rey +++ lust for life

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

a few days pass, and i haven't seen taehyung yet. every time mrs. adversia comes to visit me, she says he's getting better, saying awake for longer periods of time.

you'll be able to see him tomorrow. she told me yesterday. i'll send some attendants to help you both downstairs. i'll prepare some clothes for you!

now it's the day, and i can't be more excited. mrs. adversia has allowed us to talk over the phone, but since george broke three of my ribs, mauled my face, and gave me a pretty nasty concussion, i haven't been up other than to use the bathroom.

at first i couldn't even recognize myself in the mirror because the swelling was so bad. my eyes were still horrendously swollen and my cheeks were bruised a sickly purple. my lip was busted, and there was a long cut spiraling down the side of my temple. add that to days without a shower and pretty nasty bedhead, and i was sure some kind of monster was staring at me in the mirror.

taehyung's wound hasn't allowed him much movement either, he told me. he's being given some pain killers and antibiotics to prevent infection, and he says they make his mind fuzzy. we can only speak for about a half hour before he says he has to rest because laughing and crying makes his torso hurt.

it's not like i'm much better for stamina with my concussion, and all we do over the phone is laugh and cry which tires me out.

damn, i love him so much.

but today! today! i get to see him!

it probably won't be for long, but mrs. adversia promised that while we're meeting downstairs that her servant people will prepare one of the bigger bedrooms with two beds so that we can be in the same room as we heal. i'm so excited!

now i don't have to sing him songs over the phone and he doesn't have to tell me stories about his childhood through a speaker. it will be fantastic!

despite the pain and injury of our situation, i don't think i've ever felt lighter in my life. it feels like i'm floating above the world just thinking about taehyung and our future. i asked him about what he's going to do about the business, and he says he's still thinking about it. he says that before he starts considering his business that i'm his first priority.