Surroundings

~Katelyn's Pov~

It has been hours since we've been on this walk. I'm getting exhausted.

"How much further?" I asked out of breath.

"We're close." Aaron said.

I huffed out and stood next to a tree, placing my hand on it to balance myself.

"Can... we t-take a break?" I exhaustedly asked.

I sat down under the tree and rested my head on the trunk of the tree. My sweat was dripping and flowing around my face.

"Yeah...My legs are killing me!" Zane whined.

"Katelyn's right..." Garroth said out of breath.

"Aaarroonnnnn my legs are tired." Aphmau said about to faint.

Aaron quickly ran towards Aphmau and sat her down.

"Alright fine." Aaron said sighing

"Kawaii~chan could faint." Kawaii~chan said sit under a tree.

Zane stood up and sat next to her.

"You are not going to faint on my watch." Zane said leaning on the trunk of the tree.

"Awwhh~ Zane~kun." Kawaii~chan said blushing.

"You're too heavy when you're unconscious and I can't carry you." Zane said closing his eyes.

Kawaii~chan gasped and slapped Zane's arm.

"Alright. I'm sorry." Zane said looking at her.

"Good." Kawaii~chan said leaning on his shoulder.

"But it's true tho." Zane said.

I rolled my eyes at them. I sighed.

"Here, take this. It might not be like an orange but it hydrates as good as an orange."

I looked up and saw Vylad handing me an apple. I sighed and took the apple.

"Thanks." I nodded.

I took a bite from the apple and munched. I saw Vylad look a bit tired. I swallowed the bit of the apple that I was munching and looked at him.

"Do you want to sit next to me?" I asked.

"N-No. Rather not. Travis will kill me." He said looking away.

I shrugged. "First off, Travis isn't the boss. I am. Second, I don't really mind." I said eating.

He sighed and sat beside me but not really that close. He looked down and I hear him sigh again. I swallowed the last bit and threw the apple core.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

He looked away and sighed. "I don't know... Does this seem any bit normal to you?" He asked still not taking a glance.

"I mean no...but I'm used to all the danger now." I said shrugging.

"This is all new to me... and as person who doesn't tolerate violence... It's hard for me to actually tolerate it." Vylad said with fear in his tone.

I stood up and placed my hand on his shoulder for comfort. He looked up at me and sighed.

"Hey, it's going to be alright. I was like you when I was new to things like these but now, it's like another new day of mystery and adventure. It's amazing and you get to get out of your comfort zone." I said giving him a small smile.

"Trying new things is part of life and if it is given to you, you've got to take it and live it or you'll regret it. Sometimes, we don't understand what is happening in our lives and it confuses us but sometimes it's for the greater good of ourselves and it benefits not just us, but other people." I added.