Black Leader

"Come on, it'll be a great night, we'll get to meet other people, new recruits like us, I heard even some of the pilots will be there to congratulate us for joining!" As much as Lizzy was trying to make the idea of going to the small gathering which was being held at base sound fun and exciting, it only seemed to fill Sola with dread.

It was meant to celebrate the new recruits and welcome them with booze and drinking games, a concept which on its own sounded genuinely nice and thoughtful. But the thought of being in a crowd of drunk strangers while she'd just finished working her first full day on base fixing up droid after droid until her hands were raw, that didn't sound as enticing as her excited bunkmate was trying to make it out to be.

Apparently, to the dark haired woman, her time in the medical wards had been amazing. Seeing all the high tech equipment and learning about how she'd be working on drills and first aid practices for when the time came in a real fight with the enemy, in her opinion, was the best thing ever. As happy as the smaller mechanic was for her new found friend, drinking right now was the last thing on her mind.

   "I-I don't know, I'm really tired..." The change from 'no', to 'I don't know', was enough incentive for Lizzy to continue on, grasping the blond mechanics hands in her own and bouncing on her heels.

"We won't stay long okay, we'll have a couple of drinks, say hello, and then I'll walk you back to bed. Please?"

Unable to say no to the puppy dog eyes the taller woman was now throwing down at her, Sola gave a small sigh of defeat before nodding "Fine okay, but you have to help me get ready, my hands are aching" It was a small compromise to make, and the joyous grin that appeared on Lizzy's face at the blond's surrender was reason enough for her to say yes to almost anything the woman would ask of Sola from now on.

It wasn't a large sort of party in anyway, a few boxes had been arranged in circles to sit, a table shuffled in filled to the brim with liquor, glasses and a few snacks the pilots had managed to smuggle in, and music was playing from atop one of the ships in the hanger. The outside was a clear view, the space opening up to the beautiful scenery of D'Qar and it's nature. It was a lot easier to breathe with such a huge open space, and suddenly the daunting task of being here wasn't so bad.

"See, told you it wouldn't be that big of a deal" Lizzy nudged her shoulder from her position on the mechanics right, giving a curt smile before they began to head to the table that held all the desired drinks.

Sola had decided on a simple outfit, brown pants and a cream coloured buttoned up shirt which had been tied around her waist and hung slightly off one shoulder, simple, plain, neat and comfortable. Why bother slipping into a tight dress when you were just saying hello to new colleagues?

Who she didn't expect to see while Lizzy was introducing them to someone who seemed a little too eager to sway into her personal space, was the pilot.

Her Pilot.

Her Pilot?! Since when was he-

"Hey Kid, I was wondering if I'd see you here"

Shit

"I-I managed to finish fixing the last of the droids and um-" Kriff it was getting hard to breathe again now he was staring down at her, small drink in hand, taking a sip while he raised his eyebrow at the smaller blond.

"I'm not a Kid-"

"We're about to start the game unless you're sitting this one out?" Somehow they'd managed to pick up the habit of people interrupting their conversations it seemed. This time a woman slung her arm around the curly haired man's shoulders, swaying on her feet as she dragged him to her side "C'mon Black Leader, all talk, no game" She snorted, causing Sola to give a small smile at the challenge she was throwing the pilot.