Black Squadron

Poe most of all had seen the least rest out of the Resistance. Black Squadron had been in and out of missions even while they were travelling through space in the Millennium Falcon. Each one more dangerous, and more important. He'd even invited Sola along on several occasions, one of which involved saving a city including its Prime Minister, and attending a party after to scout out First Order sympathisers or lack thereof, as well as securing more Resistance support. From what she had heard, it was a successful, besides the recruiting part. The party sounded eventful enough to make her a little jealous. What Poe might've looked like all dressed up and with a martini glass in his hand? She was sure many would have been drooling at the sight, Jess had even said she'd caught a couple of the stares and warded off a few people that got a little too comfortable around the Commander. Sola had to thank the dark haired pilot for that one quietly, without Poe hearing.

Poe never had been the best for Politics, he preferred piloting over everything else. Though he did try his best, and caught a lot of the fear in the room which radiated silently under everyone's words, resulting in many commenting on the silent consensus that perhaps joining the First Order, could gain them a lot of financial profits. He held his tongue through it all. Black Squadron, the Resistance, had just risked their lives saving them from First Order occupation, and already the party guests and diplomats were ready to throw themselves into their tyrannical hands again.

"Sometimes people find it easier to respond to fear, than to what is right" Sola had commented to interrupt his description of that evening as they lay quietly under the stars together that night, her words being something she silently had succumb to in the past many times and would be a hypocrite to judge others for.

The pilots head turned to her, conflicted but not disagreeing.

"I was ready to scream and shout at them all, that they were cowards, ready to bow down to the First Order to save their own tails and fill their already well lined pockets without any concern for-"

"Poe" His rant was cut off only to cause him to sigh again, the grimace that had formed on his face fading slowly. It was easy to get worked up about all of it, even if he couldn't do anything to stop it.

"The ale tasted like ship fuel" The subject change made Sola turn her head to him and hold back a laugh, one he returned so he could look at her face through the small dim light of his torch which flickered alight between their shoulders on the ground.

"Not nice then?" Sola teased after a beat, only to cause the pilot to roll his eyes and peer up again.

"Just because I love flying in them, doesn't mean I like the taste of the fuel" he had a point, but Sola couldn't help but to tease him a little more, new bravery and new priorities having made it easier to speak her mind these days.

"Could've fooled me".

"What did you want to ask me about?" She stopped to stare at him, surprised he even remembered "Back on the cruiser, you said you wanted to talk about something once it was all over" Poe continued folding his hands over his chest as he talked.

Sola hesitated to answer, her eyes following his to the black flickering sky painted in stars. Where to start, there were so many questions she held for the pilot. So many doubting thoughts she fought back at every turn, most of them irrational.

"Us" She confessed softly, the word holding a thousand different meanings just then "I suppose..." her voice ventured off there into silence only the wind and insects dared to intrude on.

"You 'suppose'?" Poe teased though he was far more curious on what she had to say than he let on. He too had been debating that same subject in his head ever since they'd crash landed on Ajan Kloss. Ever since they'd allowed themselves that moment of confession on the banks of a lake which had swallowed their broken shattered ship. He only hoped Sola had come to the same conclusion as he had.