What Friends Are For

The empty space on her finger burned where Poe's ring had previously occupied the space. Leaving a gaping gap that mocked her every time she reached for it only to fail and come across a phantom of once was.

It had become a nervous habit in such a short period of time, to seek it out and run her fingertips across it to find comfort when she could find none other in close proximity. As soon as Sola noticed the item was missing, she assumed Poe had taken it when she was still unconscious and recovering, the mechanic had felt her heart drop just a little bit. It wasn't like she was expecting to keep it forever, nor would she want to horde such a precious thing away from Poe. She just wished she could've admired it one last time, before giving it back to the pilot it belong to personally.

Maybe it was just another excuse for her to graze his hands, or to seek out the Commander to speak when she needed an reason to that didn't involve her lingering feelings she was struggling with internally.

Sola shook the ideas about the ring from her head when she entered the storage room to meet Lizzy. It wasn't exactly big or luxurious in anyway, barely enough to fit two crates and a small holo-display, for training purposes only.

"You're early" The woman who would be teaching her all about common combat medical and first aid practiced remarked when the mechanic entered, rubbing her eyes and groaning at her as she sat down on the empty upturned crate by her friends side.

"Couldn't sleep" Sola mumbled eying the bag of equipment in Lizzy's hands while she was taking out whatever devices she thought they needed to run through today.

"I don't blame you, I can hardly call the beds they provided for us comfortable either".

Sola didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't just the itchy bed that was keeping her up these last couple of nights.

"Since we only have a week for this, I'm obliged to ask, do you have any clue about how to treat wounds already?" Lizzy began simply, turning to face the blond with her hands on her knees.

"Apply pressure when you're bleeding" Sola racked her brain for all the knowledge she possessed, hoping it would help speed things along if they turned out to be correct. "Cut off circulation to slow down bleeding as well um..." Her eyes ran circles around the room, a hand running through her hair which had yet to be tied up in any way shape or form. The energy that morning had been entirely missing for such a menial task.

"If you're punctured by anything don't pull it out".

"What about if someone collapses, passes out cold" Lizzy was leaning forward as she tested her friend with the question. One eyebrow raised curiously and an expression that carried with it something more than what it was. Was she asking this because of what had happened on their escape from Corellia? Sola could only assume so.

"U-uhm...make sure they're breathing?"

"How?" Lizzy wanted details, and the mechanic shuffled in her seat to conjure up what she could.

"Press two fingers to feel for their pulse, and a hand under their nose for any air".

The dark haired woman seemed satisfied with her answer and gave a nod "And then?"

This was turning into more of a quiz rather than a training session, though Sola saw the reasoning behind it and continued "Check for injury?"

"What if there isn't a visible one?"

Stumped at that question Sola frowned and gave a large shrug of her shoulders. How was she supposed to treat an injury if she couldn't see it? In a medical ward full of scanners and machines sure, but out on the field? She had no clue.