Resistance Reborn: Pt. 2: Transmissions

It turned out, that even if Sola hadn't planned on joining them, Rose and Finn had met them by the outer doors together with Connix, which had ultimately resulted in the blond mechanic meeting back up with them by the General anyway. Rey gave her a small shrug that told her 'oh well', before Sola stood beside Rose addressing her and Finn with a small smile, they looked worried.
Understandably so.

"Open the door" Leia spoke up ahead of them "Weapons close, but not drawn. I'm still hoping this is a friend" Finn pushed spare blaster into Sola's hands, she hadn't been able to pick one up on her way here and was silently glad Finn just happened to be carrying two of them. She tucked it into the side of her utility belt quickly, hoping she wouldn't need to use it.

Chewie punched the button and the ramp of the Millennium Falcon lowered with a small whirring noise.

Two Twi'Lek's approached them once it hit the ground, all of them stiffening and straightening up.

A female with orange eyes and skin, a fighter with a blaster in hand, and a male with pale purple skin and dark eyes. They seemed competent, organised.

"Welcome Leia Organa" The female spoke, and Sola recognised her voice from the earlier transmission over the com on their ship. She had to have been the one speaking to them and piloting it.

"Our mysterious escort" Leia acknowledged her with a small nod, Sola was sure the Twi'Lek was introducing herself but she didn't catch her name from the way Chewie was obscuring her vision with his tall frame. It was hard to see past everyone when most of them were taller than her.

"Pilot for the Ryloth defence authority" She did catch the end of the Twi'Le's introductions and raised a quizzical eyebrow. Since when was a defence stationed this far out from one of it's main cities, in the middle of nowhere.

"You'll pardon my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with the defence authority" The General replied slowly, seeming to be thinking behind her words.

"And why would you be, unless you recently spent time on our planet" The male Twi'lek stepped forward and gave Leia a small bow.

Sola had become distracted again, her eyes roaming around the large area around them with curiosity and awe reflecting in her wide gaze. She'd never seen something this big, even Crait seemed small in comparison. Everything had a red orange hue to it, even the obsidian floors held a hint of it. It reminded her they were indeed inside a desert canyon cave, and not inside a newly constructed artificial military base. It was a pleasant temperature in here too, not as hot as in the broad desert daylight, but not as cold as in the freezing nightly temperatures. Though she did hug Poe's jacket, the one he'd given her for back on Dantooine, tighter around her frame. Casual attire or not, she didn't want it to get anymore damaged or dirty if she could help it.

Rose nudged her ribs, bringing her wondering attention back to Leia "And who's scope do you wish to stay off of?" The elder woman was questioning the secret authority members pointedly.

The female Twi'Lek let out a loud laugh, "Who do you think?"

"You'll have to excuse my sister, we're a bit on edge after what happened to the Hosnian System" The purple skinned Twi'Lek interjected smoothly to his sisters amused words. "And not everyone thought it was a wise decision to allow you to land here".

The mention of the system made Sola stiffen glancing at Rose at her side who returned the look.

"I understand" The General took no insult, understanding the implications over such an act.