True Intentions

A gentle melody unlike anything the mechanic from Tatooine had ever heard before echoed from beyond the doors that separated them from the throne room filled with dignitaries and party guests upon their approach. Two royal guards in their armour on either side stepping aside to push open the doors the second their escort gave them the signal in form of a short nod she almost missed completely.

"May I introduce, in place of Princess Leia Organa. The great Niece of our late Padme Amidala, Lady Sola Naberrie, and her company".

The alien title announced made her feel like she was a child who was cheating in a test, using her families name, their legacy, as a ticket into something she definitely didn't belong in. Sola felt so apart from everyone else in the room who turned to look at her in surprise that she wanted to vanish into thin air right then and there. Become part of the sickeningly stunning dress she wore and just blow away in the soft winds to be forgotten. Poe however, would not let her do such a thing. And grounded her with a small squeeze of her arm before he stepped away with a lowered head.

Panic squeezed her lungs into a tight coil, her breaths becoming short as a result which lead to a lightheadedness that only basked this whole situation in an even more surreal light.

Frantically Sola's eyes scanned across the faces in the crowd, taking in their expressions. Some stunned, some impressed, a lot of them sneering and bewildered. She didn't blame any of them for their reactions, she was as caught off guard as they were with being here. Never once in her life had she imagined she'd end up like this, here, now.

As much as she longed to fit in, to ease her way into a life which might've once been hers if things had gone differently, the blond knew that dream was a distant cry from reality. One she had no time to ponder on right now.

Quickly, Sola gave a curtsy, dress lifted on either side by her fingertips and head bowed. And just as quickly she was pulled forward by Poe's hand under her own and into the room to bleed amongst the guests like she belonged there. She wasn't even aware where exactly they were heading in her daze through the crowd of bodies until the curly haired pilot released her anew and her eyes lifted across a tall figure seated on a large throne.

"Your H-Highness" Unable to hide the surprised stutter, Sola repeated her bow, lower, raising her eyes hesitantly to the woman.

Or girl?

Naboo's queen's were young if she remembered right, barely in their teens when they were appointed. Though the white and red face paint paired with the impressive red and black robes around her shoulders certainly made the Queen look much older than she possibly was.

"I wasn't aware that anyone of your lineage survived beyond Princess Leia and her brother, Master Skywalker" The queen's voice was much lower than expected, as if put on to make her appear more foreboding and intimidating. A smart tactic. Sola respected her all the more for it, it couldn't be easy being Queen at such a young age, and to be taken seriously by others who were so much older.

"I thought I was the last too, your Highness. I have to confess I wasn't aware of what meaning my name carried up until recently" Honesty, she thought, would serve her well with the people she was trying to gain the trust of. As much as she was trying to blend in and belong, lying to the Queen of a Planet that held so many possibilities of support for the Resistance didn't seem like a good idea. Naboo had always stood on the side of justice and peace in the galaxy, always supported the Republic and the Rebels in anyway it could. Such a planet and it's rulers didn't deserve to be lied to, even if it was a risk.

"Indeed" The girl was studying her with a hard, calm look on her face as she spoke, giving away nothing behind her monotone voice. Hands firmly planted on the throne's arm rests at her side "I welcome you, and hope you enjoy the festivities your ancestors have had the pleasure of experiencing in the past". Clearly the last of her words, Sola gave a small smile and bow before turning away, Lizzy and company behind her as she made her way through the bustling crowd and straight towards the table that held refreshments. Most importantly, alcoholic ones. She definitely needed one to calm her nerves.