Tables and Dents

"So you and Poe Dameron huh?"

She just had to bring that up again, Lizzy hadn't been able to shut up about it since their first night at the small welcome party. It had been several days since then, and up until now it had only been a few teasing looks whenever they were together around anything or anyone that just slightly related to the famous pilot in anyway.

An X-Wing? A raised eyebrow, another Pilot? A sly smirk, each time making Sola grow more red in the face than the next, until finally her bunkmate spoke the words she'd been dying to right to her face, across the table in the dinning hall one evening while they ate together.

It wasn't often they schedules aligned enough for them to see each other throughout the day, so when it did occur, sitting together while they ate was a nice change. Even if it resulted in several heart attacks when Lizzy decided to tease her new mechanic friend again.

"Come on, its been days, and you haven't told me anything!"

That was met with an eye roll while Sola scooped some more broth into her mouth "That's because there isn't anything to tell!" She argued under her breath, peering around to make sure no one was sitting close enough to hear them.

"That is a lie and you know it, there's no way you ran into the Poe Dameron on your first day on D'Qar land, and then again twice right after, on the same day!" Okay now that she was phrasing it that way, it did sound like something.

"It just happened, I don't know what you want me to say..." Not to mention each one of those times she had thoroughly embarrassed herself in front of Poe while he stood laughing at her, silently or otherwise. It wasn't exactly the best way to meet someone, especially someone so famous around the base.

"His droid is really cute, he's a orange and white BB unit, one of a kind" Sola added suddenly remembering what, or who, exactly had even enabled her and Dameron to meet by accident in the first place. She missed the little droid more than she cared to admit, his happy little beeps and energetic personality were endearing.

"And he isn't?" Lizzy interjected knowingly whilst lifting her spoon to point towards the blond across the table "You have a crush on him don't you, Dameron I mean, not the droid".

That got the mechanic to shut up real fast, shovelling more of the liquid in her bowl into her mouth to try and make up for the empty silence that followed between them.

"HA! I knew it, you were a mess when I came to collect you that night, couldn't even tell him goodbye when he left" Lizzy sang triumphantly to her, making Sola raise her hand to try and wave at her to calm down.

"Not so loud! I admit okay, he's handsome, really handsome actually I don't think I've ever met someone so hot in my-" she started rambling only to be interrupted by Lizzy's snort,

"I get it I get it, the guys hot, stop drooling it's disgusting" She laughed at her blushing friend before going on, "I'm the same with basically any woman that walks past me, but keep it together will you".

It wasn't Sola's fault Poe Dameron was so damn pretty, and his smile warmed her insides, and the way he laughed made her skin crawl until nothing else around them in the world mattered anymore in that moment- ...she really did have it bad for the pilot, but then again who in the Resistance didn't?

She wasn't special because of it, and she definitely wasn't his type.

"You should try talking to him more, in like, complete sentences I mean" Lizzy spoke again seeing the gears turning in her friends mind inspiring her to offer some advice to the struggling love struck idiot mechanic.