Confessions

Beep, beep.

       A low hum followed in the background of the heart monitor strapped over her heart, quietly lulling Sola to her senses one sound at a time until it all combined to tell her where she was. In a small room with run down medical equipment, a large bacta-covering over her leg, and harsh grey and brown sheets and blankets around and under her frame. Unfocused eyes adjusted to the dim light after a minute of her squinting and trying to make out the room.

Lizzy greeted her sights, the young woman sitting to her right on a crate as she stared down at her own lap deep in thought.

"When-" Sola coughed, not expecting for her throat to be this dry and covered her mouth for a moment as Lizzy's eyes snapped up "when did you make it back?" she rasped only to be cut off by a bone crushing hug that made the whole bed frame shake.

"Thank the Force" The dark haired woman breathed, staying there for a long moment while Sola tried to return the hug, arms restrained by needles and tubes connected to her, and mind still in the process of waking up. She was thankful however, to see her friend alive and well.

"I got back just before you landed" Liz finally began to explain, sitting back on the edge of the bed as she pushed back the hair from Sola's face and smiled through tears of relief at her. She looked older now, more worn. Lizzy had grown a lot in her time away, Sola hoped only that it wasn't through any suffering or loss "Next time try not to almost die on me before we see each other alright?"

The mechanic gave a weak smile at that and nodded, as much as she had been content to die for a cause, she'd much rather stay alive to see that bright breathtaking grin on Lizzy's face one last time.

Seeing her struggle with her arms, Lizzy began gently removing the needles and monitors from her friend, keeping the one that supplied her with water and antibiotics, shutting off the machines and handing her a glass of water the mechanic easily gulped down.

"Where are we?" She was trying hard to think of the last words Snap, Nora and Finn had spoken to her before she blacked out, but all she remembered was Nora's fingers on her face and a pain in her leg.

"Safe house, Outer Rim somewhere, I've never been here myself" Lizzy shrugged running a hand through her unruly hair "I should go, Poe wanted to see you as soon as you woke up"

The mention of the pilot made Sola look up from her glass as she placed it down on the table beside her bed, it creaked under the shifting of her weight to indicate its age. "Poe?"

"Yeah, he carried you in here wouldn't let anyone else touch you until the doctors arrived" Lizzy nodded, chuckling to herself at the memory of the distraught man. He nearly punched Snap in the face when he had tried to drag Sola from the ship unceremoniously.

"He did that..." Sola shuffled in her bed, unsure of how she should think about that.

"I'll be back later to check up on you, don't get up, don't put pressure on that leg and- you know what, don't even touch it" Were the taller woman's final words before she patted her friends shoulder and exited the room to find the Commander.

It didn't take Commander Dameron long to barge into the room, luckily not violently enough to break anything while he pushed open the old wooden door to stare at her for several long moments while she held her breath.

"You-"

"I know" Sola cut him off softly, looking around the room as if to gather the right words up from thin air, "but I'm okay..." she assured finally while Poe stepped into the room and shut the door behind him with a loud sigh through parted lips drawn in a thin line. He looked both stressed and relieved by the sight of her.