Resistance Reborn: Pt. 1: Allies

(From the next few chapters onwards the story will be following alongside the events of the book: Star Wars: Resistance Reborn (By Rebecca Roanhorse). You do not have to read it to understand the story as I will try to keep all the relevant information, but I highly recommend it as it gives a lot more details on things happening between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. If you've already read the book and don't want to read through some of the scenes again from another perspective feel free to skip the Resistance Reborn Chapters. I also apologise in advance for any spelling errors because I am listening to this book as an audio book so I can't read up on how things are spelled physically, I have done my best to research and google what I can).

Ryloth, it was one of their first stops aboard the Millennium Falcon at the time as they travelled through space without any real direction. They were running out of fuel, and Leia had informed them she had an old ally on the planet, she hoped to cash in on a favour. And with their limited options, it was an option they needed to peruse.

Sola had been given the responsibility to maintain all the droids abroad as they travelled, something she was not only good at but also kept her mind distracted from their dire circumstances.

As soon as Poe had met up with the rest of his Squadron, away to recruit and find help for what was left of the Resistance. Sola had been feeling uneasy. It wasn't like she could really accompany him, she was no real pilot, and even equipped with a blaster doubted she could be of much help. Though she was silently glad Jessika Pava, Snap Wexley and his wife Kare Kun as well as another new member Poe had mentioned, were there to keep him safe. Black Squadron were great pilots, even better people. She needed to trust in Poe, it wasn't like she had any other options either way. He was a reckless man in the best of times, but he had always made it out alive thus far.

Sitting with Finn, Rose, and Connix aboard the Falcon as they pondered over Leia's words about her ally. Sola kept her mouth shut for most part, she didn't feel like she qualified enough to give her opinion on the matter. Having barely visited four whole planets in her lifetime, and barely escaped with her life on two of them, she kept her head down and listened intently.

"I read about the battle of Ryloth, the liberation of the Twi'Lek's once" Rose, ever the one to reach back on her fascination for stories and the history of the Galaxy stated, her head lulled back in thought.

"It happened in the Clone Wars right?" Connix mused, not quite sure on the details herself but eager to find out more,

"Yeah, they even sent Jedi to assist in the liberation, Paige said they even had a song to celebrate it" Finn turned his head to Rose from the woman's side, eyebrow raised curiously.

"A song? To celebrate a battle?" He began, not quite sure how he felt about the idea "Isn't that a little..."

"Morbid" Sola finished, agreeing with him quietly as she leaned an elbow on the circular table they were seated at.

"They have songs for a lot of battles, they're there to celebrate victory, liberation, the end of conflict, not the actual violence itself" Rose defended quickly, though she held no anger for her friends distaste for the tradition. It wasn't for everyone, but from the songs she'd heard about, she herself thought them quite a beautiful thing.

"I wonder if they'll sing any songs about us, about Starkiller, or Crait" Connix mumbled out, more to herself than anyone else though it did result in all of their eyes coming to rest on her for a moment before they grew quiet in thought. What an idea.

"I would rather forget about Crait..." The mechanic wasn't sure it was much to celebrate, they'd lost more than they won. Finn hummed as if to agree before Rose interjected with more enthusiasm that made Sola smile a little again.