Giving All Of Me: Pt. 1

(There will be NSFW coming up in these next couple of chapters, you have been WARNED)

"W-What?"

Setting down the screwdriver from her grip, Sola peeked out from behind R2 whom she was currently working on. Even while the droid was an ancient model from before the Clone War era and still held up remarkably well despite it, even a veteran needed some TLC sometimes. She'd begun early that morning, hearing that he would be needed on a task off base sometime soon. Beginning with a thorough evaluation and scan of his outer and inner core, she found no faults beyond a few rusty old screws and a lens which looked worse for wear and needed replacing.

What she hadn't expected BB-8, who was watching quietly from the side, to suddenly ask however, was a question no one had really asked of her before. One she had to actively think about for a second to even remember the answer to.

"My birthday?" She repeated purely for clarification that she hadn't heard him incorrectly.

"I don't think it's that important BB, we're in the middle of a war, no one pays attention to those little things" She remarked after a beat, quickly finding her way back into the tail end of R2-D2 to place a shiny new part into the missing slot she'd just emptied and cleaned out.

What an odd topic to bring up for a droid.

"What about you, does Poe ever celebrate the day he met you?" The mechanic asked curiously.

BB-8 chirped happily and rolled closer to her side "Really? Well I think you should have a bigger celebration than just a quiet drink and a pat on the head" In her opinion, they deserved a whole day of festivities for such an occasion. The little astromech deserved nothing but the best from his pilot, from everyone on base really for all the good he'd done for the Resistance.

Lifting her free hand away from the astromech she was working on, and down onto BB-8's little white head, Sola gave the spot a gentle rub in emphasis "Don't worry, I'm almost done and then I'll replace that dented plate you have" he had been waiting so diligently she couldn't help but to reassure the little droid as he beeped up at her in thanks.

"I'm still baffled as to how Rey managed to dent you like that though, you said a rock fell on you?" She hummed, remembering the hectic turn of events that had brought the droid to her in the first place. Begging her to fix him up before Poe caught wind of the little mishap.

The astromech let out another string of beeps and chirps in explanation that made her chuckle while she clicked the new lens into R2's visor. "She was training on her Jedi skills, and a floating rock hit you by accident?" Sola mused, amused at the thought though the idea of force users being close by admittedly being an unnerving thought, even if Rey was the loveliest woman in the galaxy. Kylo Ren and his dark capabilities lingered menacingly in the back of her mind.

"Don't worry" When she was finally done with R2 who happily thanked her and wheeled away towards the Command Centre, the mechanic turned to BB-8 swivelling around on her knees to face him while she fixed her hair back into it's loosened ponytail for the third time that day. The humidity on Ajan Kloss really was starting to become a little irritating.

Gesturing for him to show her the dented section, the droid happily wheeled around to show it to her searching eyes. It wasn't a big dent to be fair, but she knew if his pilot had spotted it before she did he'd certainly be pissed. No one hurt his little astromech.

"Now just stay still-" Pulling out another tool from her tool belt Sola leant in closer, detaching half of the plate and fiddling her wrench under until it popped back into a smoothed out line before she fixed it back into place and leaned back in satisfaction, hands meeting on the back over her head.