Lessons In Royalty

"I hate this book!"

The said book clattered loudly to the metal gridded flooring of the transport ship which was currently hurling them through hyperspace in the direction of Naboo. It had been intended to be used to be balanced on her head to while she walked, but Sola barely made it five steps without it slipping off again.

"Hey, it's not the books fault your posture is terrible" Lizzy cackled manically from the side, sitting on a small bench and observing her friend who grumbled and picked up the brown and beige book with a loud huff.

"And this supposed to help me improve it?!" The mechanic, exasperated and growing frustrated with this futile attempt to teach her some of the important mannerisms royal dignitaries of Naboo should have learned fresh out of the womb. Sola failed to see why they would even care about how she would hold herself at the upcoming gathering, even while Lizzy had insisted it was vital for them to trust and respect her there. Better to look the part of an old respected family of Naboo, rather than just to walk in there looking like a common street rat. Poe had shared the blond's sentiment at least, giving a distasteful grimace and scurrying off to the cockpit the second the medic had began spouting off about bows, hand gestures and posture.

"If you kept your back straight and your shoulders squared, yes" Arms crossing over her chest the taller woman leaned back against the wall of the ship, an incline of her chin urging Sola forward for another attempt.

"At least tell me something useful while I'm practicing then" Sola sighed placing he heavy back gingerly atop her head again. Positioning it as best she could while she straightened her back as instructed "Run me through the plan again, and about the contact I'm supposed to be relaying the information to" she clarified slowly, trying to focus on keeping the book steady as she took her first step forward. So far so good.

"Alright, if you insist" Lizzy leaned forward in her seat, happy to give a refresh of their mission brief, "Once we arrive, the gathering will commence in the evening" She began.

Another step, and the book held firm.

"We won't have long to get ready, but I'll help you with that, go for something simple"

The book wobbled when Sola glanced to her friend "The dress looks anything but simple".

A laugh and Lizzy shook her head "Just because it's layered doesn't make it complex Sola" She pointed out watching her take another step "We're to attend under your full name, make sure they know we were invited in Leia's place. Keep our heads down otherwise".

"Do you think they'll believe us, believe I'm a Naberrie?" It was easy enough to claim such a thing, harder to prove it. She didn't even know if people would remember her mother, or her grandmother. Famous or not.

Again the book wavered and Sola had to have another quick step and balance it with a worried look up towards the crown of her head. Luckily it didn't fall just yet and she managed to take mother couple of steps to make it six in total, not bad.

"With how I'll make you look in that dress? Hell yes" Lizzy grinned confident at her own skill in the craft before leaning back again in thought "If your family is as famous as they say on Naboo, I'm sure many people will have seen your mother or grandmother's portrait or image at some point, you'll resemble them more than you know".

With doubt the book tumbled, Sola barely managed to catch it as it fell, turning towards the dark haired medic with a frown "How would you know that?!" Not once had she looked in the mirror and seen her mother's beauty before, couldn't even begin to compare it. The closest to it had been Grace, the had smiled the same as her mother had.