Superiors

(Warning: Mentions/Descriptions of assault in this chapter)

  "Lazslo said I'd find you here"

Was it common knowledge by now that Sola could be found nowhere else but the grubby little storage room by the hangers and landing strip? Apparently so.

While she was putting her equipment away to head to the mess-hall to meet Dameron, someone else had managed to find her first. Someone she'd only met twice before and didn't have the best of gut feelings about.

He was a superior who worked under Lazslo, and above her. A supervisor for the maintenance and mechanic sectors of the base that did more looking and watching, than any real work. But that was just her opinion.

"Cas- Sir" Sola turned towards him slowly, prolonging the inevitable glance she would have to direct at his face out of pure politeness.

He seemed satisfied as he strolled into the larger room she had just made her way into, the mechanical door sliding shut behind him with a small click.

Had he locked it behind him? That had to be by accident right?

"I-I didn't know supervisors were up this late..."

"They aren't, usually" He was playing with a pile of old engine parts on a shelf while he spoke, his eyes were on the parts but his mind was clearly on her. It was unnerving to say the least.

Last time Sola had met him was when he walked in on her to observe her work on running diagnostics on a R2 unit which hadn't responded to any prodding. They'd run out of ideas on how to power it up and were giving her a chance to give it a try.

Unsuccessfully...sadly.

But Cas had decided to sit in the whole two hours, leaning over her shoulder, pointing out her mistakes, and laughing disgustingly into her ear she swore she felt spit hit her skin on several occasions.

The man didn't know what personal space was, and if he did, he didn't care. Cas was a tall man, pale with hair so light you could almost see his scalp through it. The only positive thing she could say about him is that he was observant and knew more about machinery then Sola did, even if he used that knowledge to hold it over others.

"Can I...help you with anything, Sir?" Was he looking for something, or just hanging around to waste her time? She doubted she could offer him much, he would get better help from a more experienced mechanic. Even if most of them were asleep now, a few were always around on nightshift to repair anything that might unexpectedly malfunction.

"Yes, actually" She hated the slimy smile on his face, it made her gut wrench in an uncomfortable way and sent the hairs at the back of her neck upwards.

Maybe it was unfair to judge someone when she'd only met them twice thus far. But the unease that came with a guy who decided standing in front of the door by the shelves was the right thing to do, when there was no other exit for her to take out of the two connected rooms, was undeniable.

Sola swallowed and held her injured hand without even registering she'd done it until he commented on it with a raised eyebrow and a step towards her that made her take one step back.

"You hurt? Lemme see-"

"I-I'm fine, just a scratch"

Another step in her direction made her back up with an uneasy smile that was supposed to play off her discomfort in his presence.

"I still want to see just in case-" this time she shook her head and hid her hand behind her back before Cas could reach out and grab it.

"It's fine, what did...what did you need help with...?" His eyes fell on her face again, her wrapped up hand momentarily forgotten while a small smirk twitched at the corner of his mouth anew.