XXII

Nothing was said after that but Taehyung who stood there. Tears filling his eyes, "I wanted nothing more than to be your mate. You convinced me we would be mates. That it would be us together not you and some other omega! I... I started thinking of days we would wake up next to each other not just as a friend or fucking fuck buddies! I saw a future with us so understand this when I say it fucking hurt! It hurt so fucking bad when I saw you walk in with a stranger who you had already marked. It hurt to see you were marked. It hurt!" Taehyung broke into a cry.

"You think I wanted to cut you from my life? No Jungkook! That was the last thing I wanted. Though this... this feeling I have for you is so fucking strong that I needed to stay away from you to feel okay. I had to start new! I didn't want to feel the pain but even then I could still feel it when I thought of you! Thought of the memories of us. I never forgot about you! but I wish I did... you see? The pain is that bad that I wish I forgot about you because I can't stand knowing you're in love with someone else-" Taehyung stopped as Jungkook approached him.

"I don't love her! We are bonded together that is all! Everything I feel about her is because of this mate shit! I had no fucking choice Taehyung! Do you think I wanted to mate with her after convincing not only you but myself that we would be mates? I wanted you! The whole time I wanted you. Even before I turned eighteen I wanted you. Every part of me wanted you! Then... then I found Nari and everything just disappeared." Jungkook gulped. Looking down to compose himself.

Breathing out, Jungkook looked at Taehyung. "The day you left without any word that you would be cutting me off... it hurt Taehyung. Not seeing you or being around you. Not having that comfort around me because you were gone. Because I didn't just lose my best friend but I lost the most important person in my life and... It hurt me just as much as it hurt you. I felt bad every single time because I'm supposed to love Nari. She's my mate... I'm supposed to give her the love she deserves but how can I do that when I'm in love with you?!"

Jungkook... was in love with Taehyung? Not sure how it was possible but Taehyung felt his heart shatter. "I felt bad... the entire time I felt bad because I am supposed to love Nari so I didn't bother texting you, getting in touch. Part of me hoped that you would text me though... because as much as I love you it can't be anything more than that. Taehyung please... please Taehyung I miss my best friend." This was the first time in a long while since Taehyung saw Jungkook cry.

Taehyung couldn't help but caress Jungkook's cheek and wipe away the tears. The small boy who once used to cry for Taehyung was doing the same thing... though they were in a different situation now. The regret of starting the whole thing... it wasn't supposed to be like this. They were never supposed to separate like this. "I can't..." Taehyung's voice broke for the nth time. "I can't do this to myself. I can't be friends with you or even near you because it hurts too much Jungkook and I don't want to feel the pain anymore... I want to feel loved."

Taehyung sniffled and managed to smile. "I respect that you love your mate. I love that for you and... don't worry about me okay? I'll... I'll find my own mate and I'll get to feel what you feel with yours. Though in order to do that I can't... I can't be friends with you." Taehyung moved away from Jungkook to grab his shoe but as he did so he felt Jungkook's hand wrap around his wrist and Taehyung was soon against the wall. "Then don't be friends with me..."

Taehyung looked at Jungkook confusingly but when the boy stepped forward and now pressed his body against Taehyung, he got the hint. Gulping, Taehyung shook his head. "We can't... you can't Jungkook... you... you have a mate." Taehyung locked eyes with Jungkook. Yet in those dark orbs, it didn't look like Jungkook cared at the moment. "Just this once... please Taehyung just one more time. I need... I need you." Jungkook slipped his hands down to intertwine his fingers with Taehyung's.