Chapter 17: Eighty Degrees and Cold

*Song: I've Got a Feeling by The Beatles*

One Month Later

"Leah, come on. Come out you look good no matter what you wear,' Harry says, sitting on my bed.

    "I'm nervous Harry," I say from the bathroom.

    "There's nothing to be nervous about. You're gonna be fine," he says.

    "Yes there is Harry. Meeting your friends is very important," I whine.

    "Just come out before I have to carry you out of the bathroom," he says.

    I finally come out of the bathroom wearing blue jeans and a blue, patterned blouse. I hope this is good enough. Like I know we are just going out for dinner but I am horrified. First impressions are important.

"See you look beautiful," he says, getting up off the bed

    "Are you sure?" I ask.

    "Yes, I am sure. You look beautiful no matter what you wear, you could wear a sack and still look beautiful," he says.

    "Oh thanks," I say, tying my shoes.

    "Hey look at me," he starts, grabbing my face. "You have nothing to worry about, they are going to love you," he continues.

    "I'm so nervous," I say, looking into his eyes.

    "I know honey but you're gonna be okay. I'm going to be with you the whole time," he says, kissing me on the forehead.

    We get into his car and I am freaking out. This is the first time Harry and I have been out together where he has not worn his hoodie. He's just wearing sunglasses. He has been staying at my apartment ever since he got here. Recently we have been falling asleep on the couch together because we are usually up late having these deep conversations that sometimes I don't even understand. We have this thing where we go into the kitchen every morning, put on music, and just start dancing to wake ourselves up. I love him being here with me. I honestly hope he never leaves but I know he's going to have to at some point. He's already getting calls from his team asking him his plan for new music. I am genuinely freaking out about meeting Mitch and Sarah. For the past week he has been telling me that they are going to love me but I am not quite sure. Mitch and Sarah flew in last night from California to see Harry and I but what if I wasn't worth the six hour flight?

    We pull into the parking garage because we are eating somewhere in the city. My hands are sweating and shaking. We both get out of the car, walking to the front meeting each other. He grabs both of my hands.

    "My hands are clammy," I mumble, looking down at our hands.

    "I don't care," he says.  "You need to breathe, you look like your gonna pass out. Just take a deep breath in and out, it's all going to be okay," he continues.