Chapter 49: Look At You Baking And Stuff

*Song: Love Me Do by The Beatles*

One Month Later

Well today's the day, February 1st, Harry's birthday. Even though he said not to make a big deal about it, I'm so excited. I think I have been planning today for at least three weeks. I love birthdays, not my own, but everyone else's. I lay in bed wide awake with Harry's arm draped across my waist. I gently lift his arm up and sneak out from underneath it. I put a pillow to replace where I was. I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, and take a quick shower. I get dressed quickly into a light pink sweater and white jeans.

 I get dressed quickly into a light pink sweater and white jeans

I then run out to the living room and put my black converse on. I didn't bother blow drying or straightening my hair because I am in such a rush. I'm going to get us breakfast but I know he will only stay sleeping for so long before he wakes up because I'm not there. I leave a note on the counter just in case. I put a coat on and walk out the front door into the cold February air. It is actually freezing outside. I get into the car and immediately turn the heat on. I hate how long this car takes to heat up. I really need to get a new one at some point. I hit shuffle on one of my many playlists and pull out of my parking spot.

"Love, love me do. You know I love you. I'll always be true. So please, love me do. Whoa, love me do."

A great song for a great day. I know that's cheesy but I'm really excited for today. Mitch and Sarah are coming tonight to surprise Harry and then we are going to go out for dinner but until then it's just him and I. I hope everything runs smoothly. I pull into the back of the old coffee shop I used to work at and text Janice that I'm here. She comes out with a bag of pastries in hand. We planned this out that way because the place is still mobbed. I thank her and drive back home.

I pull into my parking spot, get out of the car, and walk up the stairs. I open the door and see Harry standing in the kitchen shirtless, I should've known he wouldn't have stayed asleep.

"Happy birthday, baby," I say, putting the bag of pastries on the table.

"Thank you," he says as he pulls me towards him and kisses me. "So that's where you went?"

"Yep," I say as he pulls me into a hug, resting his head on my shoulder. "What did you think I ran away?"

"Not after I saw your note but before then definitely," he mumbles, giggling. "So what did you get for breakfast?"

"Pastries," I state as he walks past me.

"From the coffee shop?" he questions, looking at me.

"Yes, from the coffee shop. Don't worry I didn't go in. Janice met me behind the building like it was some drug deal or something," I say and he laughs.

"I think the last time we had something from there was the first time I slept here," he states, walking up to me.

"You were crazy for sleeping over that night. What if I was some psycho serial killer or something?" I question.