Chapter 59: Strawberry Lipstick State of Mind

One Week Later

"That lady over there is in the strawberry lipstick state of mind," Olive says, pointing to the lady in a booth nodding off at the other side of the restaurant.

"She definitely is," I agree as I take a bite of my pasta.

Strawberry lipstick state of mind was a term that I made up instead of the word high. Kenna and Olive had both been high before but I haven't. But what I picture it to be like is that one time in my freshman year when I just kept reapplying my strawberry lipstick over and over again. I swear I was high on the fumes from it, they said I wasn't but that's the closest thing I think of to being high on something. I swear that stuff made me delusional. Then the saying just stuck.

"So are you gonna tell us about that ring on your finger or are we just gonna pretend it doesn't exist?" Kenna asks, loudly, looking down at my hand.

"It's not an engagement ring or anything, relax," I say, looking back up at her.

"How do you expect me to relax? Do you know what this means Leah? This basically means that you two are going to get married, right?" Kenna says, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Who knows what's going to happen Kenna? That's not going to happen for a long time," I say, already knowing Harry and I have had a conversation about the future before. I don't want to tell Kenna that though because as much as she changed I feel like her intentions are still in the wrong place and I don't know if I will ever feel differently about her.

"I have a feeling it's going to happen because you two are just too perfect together not to get married. Like how would you not get married? You guys are literally soul mates and I can see it," Olive says.

"I thought you thought we would be too cute and that it disgusts you," I say, laughing.

"I did say that, but I also said that it works for you guys. It's your thing," Olive explains and I nod. "My boyfriend and I on the other hand are the complete opposite. We literally call each other bro."

Olive told Kenna and I a couple of days ago that she has a boyfriend, his name is Nathan. They have been dating a month apparently and she didn't want to tell us because she wanted to make sure that it was really happening first. We haven't met Nathan yet though but we are excited to. Kenna and James on the other hand seem like they are ready to get married tomorrow, based on what Kenna says anyway. What confuses me though is that if you ask Kenna any little small detail about James she doesn't know anything. How can you be in love with someone and not know anything about them.

"James and I aren't like that at all. Did I guys tell you he's moving in with me next week?" she says and I swear I hear Olive choke on her water.

"He's moving in with you?" Olive asks and Kenna nods. "Don't you think it's a bit early for that?"

"Not necessarily. I mean Harry lived with Leah," Kenna defends herself.

"Harry didn't really live with Leah. He was just visiting but decided not to leave," Olive says.

"He was living out of a suitcase for a while before he decided to go shopping," I say, looking between Kenna and Olive.

"Whatever, it's not too soon. It's not like we just met, we met in freshman year of college. I think we'll be fine," Kenna says, taking her card into the checkbook.

"If you say so," Olive says, taking one last sip of her water before we get out of the booth.

We all walk outside to our cars, say goodbye, and pull out of the parking lot. I've been excited to go home this whole time because I'm supposed to Facetime with Harry in thirty minutes before he goes to bed. I pull into my apartment and walk up the stairs, unlocking the door. I hang my keys on the hook and go to my room. I change into sweatpants and one of Harry's shirts to get comfortable because we have been talking on the phone for hours recently. I grab my laptop and sit on my bed, calling Harry. He answers immediately, with a big smile on his face.