Chapter 28: I Love You Like a Brother

*Song: Boy in the Bubble by Alec Benjamin

Kenna's POV:

I wake up with an instant headache and blurry vision. I rub my eyes and realize I am in an unfamiliar room. I hear someone breathing next to me. I look over and it's Jacob and he's shirtless. I can't tell if he has pants on or not because the blanket is covering him. I build up the courage to look under the blanket and realize I am fully naked.

No this couldn't have happened. I remember being upset and he took me home from the bar and then... Oh my God it did happen. I get out of his bed as quietly as I can and put on my clothes that I had on last night that were thrown onto the floor. I tiptoe out of his room and through his front door. I get into my car and just scream. I scream so loud I think I might break the windows. I flip down the sun visor and open the mirror taking a look at my appearance. My mascara is smudged and I have three huge hickeys on my neck. This is fantastic. I shut the mirror and flip the sun visor back up. I pull out of the parking spot and drive back to my apartment.

This is unbelievable, how could I do this. I will be lucky if Olive talks to me ever again and what would Leah think? In my defense Olive was always cheating on Jacob anyway, so I don't know why it should matter so much. But it will. I currently hate myself. I'm going to try to play this off like it didn't happen. I'm not going to tell Leah and I certainly won't tell Olive. This honestly couldn't get any worse.

I arrive at my apartment. Before I go in I take a deep breath and try to calm down. I go on Instagram to try and relax but a wave of anger immediately comes over me when I see Leah's post. Captioned "Talk British to me"

She's living the life I have wanted nothing more than to live

She's living the life I have wanted nothing more than to live. She is in London with Harry Styles without a care in the world while I am in New York trying to figure out how I am going to hide my night with Jacob. It's not fair at all. I get out of my car and walk into the lobby of my building, I hit the button on the elevator and wait for it to come down. The elevator opens and three girls come out laughing. The image reminds me a lot of Olive, Leah, and I. We used to laugh like that. Now it seems like we only fight all the time. The elevator reaches my floor, I walk to my apartment, and open the door. I walk in, kick my shoes off, and head to my bedroom but I'm stopped when I see Olive sitting on the couch. At first I was confused on how she got in and then I remembered I gave her and Leah keys to my apartment.

"Oh my God, Olive. You scared the shit out of me," I say, trying to read how she is feeling.

"So it is true then," she mumbles standing up from her spot on the couch, walking towards me.

"What's true?" I ask, nervously.

"Don't play dumb Kenna, I see the hickeys on your neck," she says, raising her voice.

"Olive, it's not what it looks like," I say, backing up.

"So what does it look like then? Because it certainly looks like you slept with Jacob!" she yells, clenching her fists.