Chapter 60: It Wasn't Some Nightmare

Two Months Later

Two months, it's been two months since Harry left and I think we are honestly making this long distance thing work. We've had no problems. Harry went to the Met Gala and did fabulously and looked even more fabulous. I'm so proud of him, I wish I could just kiss him. He says he's been writing a lot of music recently so I'm excited to hear that. I hope it has something to do with that little tune on the guitar that he would always play.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket as I go back behind the counter ready to checkout an old woman buying a Frank Sinatra record. I ignore it until after I check the lady out. Once the lady is gone I pull out my phone and look down at it. It's a text from Kenna and she sent me an article. I notice Harry's name in the title and I immediately get nervous. I open the link and the title reads Rockstar Harry Styles Spotted At A Bar In London With Three Unknown Girls. I quickly scroll through the article not seeing any pictures so I decide that I'm not going to believe anything until there is proof. I put my phone back into my pocket and continue on with my day, trying not to think about it.

It's finally time to go home and I gladly get into my car, already done with the day. I'm not going to believe the press, especially not without proof. Harry told me how they could be and I don't think he would ever do that to me anyway. I get home and go into the shower to try to relieve some of the stress. I get out and get dressed into sweatpants and Harry's 'Treat People With Kindness' hoodie he left for me. I go back into my room and notice I have two texts from Kenna, two pictures that I choose not to look at for as long as possible. I hope she's just asking me what picture she should post on Instagram like she usually does. I open the text and my heart immediately stops. It's a picture of Harry with girls practically all over him, one on his lap.

I close my phone and take a deep breath trying to stop my oncoming panic attack. My chest starts to feel like it's on fire and I know it's already too late,  I'm just going to have to let it run its course. I begin to pace, trying to count backwards from ten like I have been taught so many times, that doesn't work. I try to look for all the objects that are red in my room, that doesn't work. I try to take deep breaths, that doesn't work either. I feel like the world is coming down on me, that's always what it feels like. 

My phone begins to ring and my shaky, clammy hands take my phone out of my pocket to see that Harry is calling me. I drop my phone on the floor by accident, not that I could answer right now anyway. I can't talk to him right now. I doubt that anything happened but I can't talk to him right now.

I hear a knock at my door and I dizzily walk through the living room towards the sound. I open the door to reveal Olive and Kenna.

"Leah? Are you okay? You look pale," Olive says as everything starts to get fuzzy and go black.

Olive's POV:

"Kenna you're an actual idiot," I whisper, not wanting to wake up Leah and we both sit next to her on her bed.

"No I'm not, she had a right to know," Kenna says.

"Do you really think that was the right way to do that? Not saying anything and then sending her an article and pictures about her boyfriend?" I question.

"Well sorry Olive, I didn't know there was a rule book to telling your best friend she's been cheated on," she says and I shake my head.

"Do you really think he's cheating on her?" I ask and she nods. "I don't think he cheated on her. He wouldn't. I see how much he loves her. There has to be an explanation."

"I don't know Olive, it looks pretty sketchy if you ask me," she says.

"I feel like you're hoping he cheated on her to be honest," I say and she shakes her head.

"Why would I want that?" she asks.

"Because Leah has enough self respect to dump him and then his Gucci ass will be on the market," I say.

"Don't be silly Olive, I'm over him, I've moved on. James and I are really doing great," she states.

"I don't know Kenna, I'm just telling you as I see it," I say and she shrugs.

My phone begins to vibrate. I look down at it and Harry is calling me. I actually forgot I had his number until now. Kenna see's that it's Harry and then looks me in the eyes.

"Well, aren't you going to answer it?" she asks and I shake my head. "Why not?"

"Because Kenna, none of this is our business. This is between Harry and Leah and I'm not about to throw myself in the middle of it," I respond and she rolls her eyes.

"Fine then I'll answer it," she says, reaching for my phone that's sitting in front of me on the bed.

"No you will not," I say, pushing her hand away. "You're certainly not getting in the middle of this. That's the last thing they need with your track record and their relationship," I say as she rolls her eyes once again and brings her hand back to her lap. I let the phone ring until it goes to voicemail. He leaves a voicemail and I listen to it to make sure it's not an emergency. I don't put it on speaker because Kenna hearing this isn't a good idea. I put the phone up to my ear as I hit play.

"Hey Olive, it's Harry, I know it's out of the blue that I'm calling you but I just want to know if you have heard from Leah today, she wouldn't answer her phone. If you know anything could you please call me back? Thank you, bye," the voicemail says and I bring it down from my ear.

This is what I mean when I say I don't think he cheated. He loves her too much. I noticed after Leah passed out that she had three missed calls from Harry. He must be freaking out. Leah is also the type of person who always answers her phone so this is very unlike her, especially out of the blue. She didn't want to answer him though, she was freaking out and I don't blame her, I saw how it looked.

Leah's eyes begin to flutter and they open. She looks panicked when she wakes up until she realizes where she is. She looks at me and then Kenna. I can see how exhausted she is. Has she been sleeping? 

"What happened?" she rasps.

"You passed out," I say and she covers her face with her hands.

"So this wasn't some nightmare?" she asks.

"No, no it wasn't. This was real life, sorry," Kenna says and I roll my eyes. She's so good at helping.

"Do you know what you're going to do?" I ask as she sits up.

"No, I need to talk to him about it but I don't want to talk to him at the same time. I don't want to fight with him. I really, really don't," she says, staring at the wall.

"Well you're going to have to talk to him at some point, you know that don't you?" Kenna says and Leah nods.

"You know how I get with conflict. I just want to disappear and act like none of this ever happened," Leah says.

"Yeah in a perfect world you could but in this world you have enough self respect to confront him about this," I say and she plops backwards on the bed looking up at the ceiling.

"He didn't do anything, he wouldn't. Would he?" Leah questions.

"I don't think so, look at the rings that you have on your finger. They are both from him," I say.

"Yeah but those rings could mean nothing, he's a rockstar," Kenna says and Leah shoots up straight off the bed to look at her.

"Kenna, he's not like everyone else. Stop saying things like that. Aren't you like his biggest fan or something. You should know that," Leah snaps and my eyes widen.

"You don't know that Leah, people can change. And he's finally in London, surrounded by any type of girl he could want," Kenna says and Leah storms out of the room. We both follow her into the living room. We watch as she puts on her shoes, grabs her keys, and opens the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Out!" she says, slamming the door. I look over to Kenna.

"You are an actual idiot do you know that."