Chapter 48: Love Is A Mixtape

Kenna's POV:

I invited James over today. I haven't seen him in person since before Christmas and today is New Years Eve. I have been avoiding him which isn't fair. I have decided I'm going to tell him that I love him back. It would be easier for me and for everyone else if I just tell him I love him. I decided to look decent today, considering the only time I actually dressed up was before Leah left for England and we all swapped gifts. I shower and get dressed in jeans and a red, black, and white striped tied up crop top.

 I shower and get dressed in jeans and a red, black, and white striped tied up crop top

I sit down on the couch and wait for James to arrive. I know it's probably not okay that I'm lying to him but it's what's going to work best for all of us. Not because I want to. I need everyone to think I'm content enough in my own life that there is no reason for me to be jealous of Leah. I hate that I'm jealous of Leah in the first place. It's definitely caused more bad than good. In my defense I would get jealous of whoever gets to date Harry. His current girlfriend just so happens to be my best friend.

I hear a knock on the door and take a deep breath, it's James. I need to calm down because I need this to sound as real as possible, if I get nervous there is a huge possibility of me messing this up. I open the door to reveal a nervous looking James.

"Hey, come in," I say, smiling.

He comes and sits on the couch. I stand by the door and look at him for a while. He is such a good guy and he's attractive. Why can't I just be happy? I sit down on the couch next to him. He looks over at me with his bright blue eyes. I can see the worry in them.

"I'm sorry that I've been MIA recently," I say, collapsing my hands together.

"No it's okay. I knew I said it too so-," he starts but I cut him off.

"I love you too," I state, quickly.

"Are you sure? You didn't seem like you did when I said it," he says, grabbing my hand.

"Yes, I'm sure. I was just scared when you said it. Nobody has ever said that to me before. My parents never really said it to me," I explain. On the inside I'm freaking out. I just blatantly lied to him. Is it bad that I am this good at it? Is it bad that I don't feel bad? I mean I love him, as a friend not the way he loves me.

"Well I guess you don't have to worry about it, I'll make up for that," he says, leaning in to kiss me. I hesitate at first but then decide to kiss him. I can't believe I just did that, he can't find out, no one can find out.

Harry's POV:

It's already New Years Eve. I hate how fast everything is going by. It feels like a week ago we were in Salem. Which in reality that was two months ago. I'm glad Leah finally opened up to me about how she was feeling. I truly believed that she was happy for me and that she supported me but I could tell there was something she wasn't telling me. She never wanted to talk about me leaving and, with Leah, that is a big sign that she is upset. Right now she is in the shower getting ready for the little New Years Eve get together my mum is throwing. I'm already dressed and ready to go. I'm currently sitting on my bed reading a book, not that I can focus. I have been re reading the same page for the whole time she's been in the shower. I hear her turn on her blow dryer which tells me she's almost done. She wouldn't let me see her outfit. I'm wearing tan trousers, a white shirt, and a black cardigan, nothing too fancy.