Chapter 25: Winky Face

Kenna's POV:

"Why do you look so miserable?" Olive asks, walking onto the balcony of my Manhattan apartment, wearing striped pants and a shirt with some old rock band on it that I bet people don't even listen to anymore. She has the weirdest taste.

"My life sucks," I state, staring off into space

"And why is that?" she asks.

"Well for starters I have been disowned, I have to work at a job now, on my feet, all day, I am exhausted, and my best friend just went to England with the love of my life," I say, feeling sorry for myself.

"First off all Kenna, most people work at jobs where they are on their feet to get money. Most people don't have a rich mommy and daddy. I have been working since I was fourteen. And second of all, you should be happy for Leah, she is so happy," Olive says, I can tell she's mad at me.

"You have no right to be mad at me, if anyone should be mad it should be me. On top of all this you broke up with your boyfriend. Your unbelievable," I say, now looking into her brown eyes.

"No you are unbelievable Kenna! You can't ever be happy! You always have a problem! First it was your problem with your mom and now she has nothing to do with you, now you are complaining because you have to work to make your own money! But what makes me most mad of all is the fact that you can't be happy for your best friend. You have known her longer than me and you can't even be happy that she is happy! You know why you aren't happy? It's because you aren't getting anything out of it! You're so selfish!" Olive screams. "And me deciding to break up with Jacob is none of your business!" she storms off the balcony, into the apartment.

"Olive wait!" I yell, tears coming out of my eyes

"Oh Kenna, stop with this crying bullshit! You can't make me feel bad by crying! I'm not Leah! Don't you think I know your apology for answering her phone was a lie? You didn't care that you did that to Leah! You were only caring about yourself and what you wanted!" She yells as I wipe my tears.

"I love that you think you can talk to me like this, I thought you were my best friend," I state.

"What? So you don't talk to Leah and I like this? Are you saying you aren't our friend?" Olive questions, squinting her eyes.

"No I-" I start but she interrupts me.

"I don't want to hear it Kenna, I'm going home," she says, walking out of the apartment.

I can't believe her, she never talks to me like that, she must have really hit her boiling point. I think I am going to call Leah and let her know about our little argument because if Olive gets to her first, Leah will be mad at me and there goes my chances of seeing Harry again. I open Leah's contact and click call.

"Hello," she says.

"Hey, you will not believe what just happened," I say.

"What happened?" she asks.