Chapter 42: Applebees

*Song: I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco*

No POV:

8/23/2014

Leah and Kenna have arrived at their first college party of their Sophomore year at NYU. Leah didn't really want to come but Kenna forced her to. Kenna even picked out Leah's outfit. This was all part of Kenna's "get Leah out of her shell" plan that she has been working on since that day they met Freshman year of high school. Leah would have much rather have stayed in her apartment wrapped up in a blanket watching a movie. But no instead she is at a party where everyone is sweaty and drunk, which only annoys her. Kenna loves parties because this is where she tries to find a boyfriend. Kenna wants a boyfriend badly, she's never had one before, only hookups. They are sitting on a couch with a red solo cup in each of their hands when a girl with black hair, ripped jeans, and a baggy shirt sits on a chair located across from the couch.

Kenna immediately notices her presence and taps Leah on the shoulder and starts whispering something in her ear. Something about how this is a sign, a sign that this will be their first college friend. Leah doesn't really think they need another friend when they already have each other but Kenna thinks otherwise. Kenna wants friends, something she's never had before. Here, she doesn't have a reputation.

"Hi, I'm Kenna and this is Leah!" Kenna shouts over the loud music and people talking. The girl flicks her eyes between both Leah and Kenna. Leah being too shy to say anything. "And who are you?"

"Olive," the girl says.

"How come I've never seen you around here before?" Kenna asks.

"I just got here. I couldn't afford it before but now I have saved up enough money to be here. So here I am I guess," Olive explains.

"Is there any chance you want to hang out sometime Olive?" Kenna asks.

"I have a boyfriend, sorry," Olive says.

"No, not like that. I mean as friends. Do you want to be our friend?" Kenna asks.

"I mean I guess, it's not like I have any," Olive says.

"Perfect. And as for Leah, she's shy until she gets to know you," Kenna says and Olive nods.

The three walk out of the party and into Kenna's car, driving away into the night.

Author's Note: This chapter happens at the same time as last chapter.

~

~

~

Olive's POV:

It's been about a month since Kenna and I made up. We've been trying to see each other regularly at least once a week. Leah was coming too until she went to Boston with Harry but she'll be back soon. This is my first time going to lunch with Kenna without Leah. I'm a bit skeptical on how this is going to go but I think it's going to be okay because I think Kenna is actually trying to change for us, which is crazy. Kenna hasn't even been complaining to me about work. Before she wouldn't stop, I think she really is changing. Speaking of work, I feel bad for Leah, she told Kenna and I before she left she had to quit her job at the coffee shop. She's been working there since before I even met her. She is looking for jobs now even though Harry has offered to pay for everything. She refuses to let him though. Which is very Leah of her.