Chapter 46: I Feel Like We're At Prom

*Song: All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey*

Author's Note: I change POVs like three times so pay attention to whose POV it is.

~

~

~

"I don't want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents. Underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own. More than you could ever know. Make my wish come true oh. All I want for Christmas is you." Harry sings along with the music as he puts ornaments on the Christmas tree.

    "I don't even understand why you bought me a Christmas tree. We won't even be here," I say.

    "I don't understand why you didn't have a Christmas tree in the first place you grinch," he says, smiling.

    "I didn't have a Christmas tree because why would I when I wouldn't celebrate with anyone? Kenna, Olive, and I would just swap gifts and that was Christmas," I explain, hanging up ornaments.

    "Well now you have me and the reason I bought you a Christmas tree so you apartment wouldn't be lonely while we're gone, so it's in the Christmas spirit," he says and our hands accidentally touch. He grabs my hand and smiles. "I'm excited to give you your present."

    "It's only the ninth and you're thinking about giving me my Christmas present," I ask.

    "Yes I'm excited. You're gonna love it," he says, smiling.

    "Well I'm not, I'm horrible at giving gifts," I say and he shakes his head.

    "I'll love whatever you get me," he says, kissing my forehead. His face lights up.

    "What?" I question, smiling.

    "Leah, you have to dance with me," he says, running to the kitchen. "Do you not hear what song is on? It's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!"

    I walk into the kitchen and he pulls me towards him, taking my hand in his, resting his hand on my waist as I rest my hand on his shoulder. We sway back and forth. You would think my kitchen was an actual dance floor. We are so focused on each other that it seems like nothing is around us.

    "I'm gonna miss this," he says, putting his forehead to mine.

    "Let's not talk about it, not right now. We still have time," I say as I bring my other arm up to wrap them both around him, running my hands through the hair on the nape of his neck. He rests his other hand on my waist, our foreheads still touching. We always have these moments when we'll be doing something happy and then one of us will get sad, realizing that we won't be able to do stuff like this anymore soon. Time is flying too, it's giving us no mercy. I think both of us are just trying to savor every moment.

    Harry takes his hands from my waist making my arms drop from his shoulder. He cups my face in his hands and kisses me, passionately. I can't help but think when he leaves, our relationship won't be the same as it is now. We'll be in different time zones and we can only talk through Facetime or texting. It's not going to be the same at all. He's not going to be there to hold me when I'm upset about something stupid or calm me down when I'm panicking over something small. I need to stop thinking about this or else I'll start crying. I haven't really let myself cry over this yet and I don't plan on it, not yet. I pull away from Harry and put our foreheads together again.

"I feel like we're at prom," Harry mumbles.

    "And why is that?" I question.

    "I don't know, I completely forgot where we were. Everything disappeared besides you. I feel like we were on this big empty dance floor, like prom," he explains.