Chapter 33: Don't Take it Personally Leah

One Week Later

I haven't spoken to Olive or Kenna in a whole week. Olive has not reached out to me but Kenna has, none stop actually. I probably get twenty calls from her in a day. I'm not necessarily mad at Olive, I'm a little annoyed that she didn't tell me that Kenna was hating me behind my back, but most of my anger is aimed towards Kenna. The craziest thing to me is that I noticed me not talking to them has really lowered my stress levels. It's sad to say talking to my two best friends stresses me out but it does. The only person I talk to is Janice, my boss, and Harry. I mean Sarah and I talked over the phone for about a half an hour, she wanted to catch up with me to see how I was, it was very enjoyable.

Right now I'm painting, something I have been doing all week. I have been working on this one really intricate piece that is taking up all my time. Harry has been either watching me work or he has been working on his music. Sometimes if I'm lucky he will come into the art studio and just play his guitar for me. He has been playing the same tune I caught him playing when we were in London. I really love it. It's beautiful. He says he might do something with it but he is not sure exactly what it would be. Right now he is on the phone with his manager so I have my record player playing soft music for background noise. I'm almost done with my painting and I think Harry is more excited about it than I am. It's funny when he comes in and just watches me draw, he doesn't say anything, he just watches. You would think that would be boring but I guess to him it's not. He explains it as watching me work is watching me do what I do best. It's like when I watch him play his guitar. I hear the door open.

"Leah, honey, I'm going to go to the store to grab a couple things. Do you need anything?" he asks as I look up to see him peeking through the door.

"No thank you," I say, still watching him as he runs his hand through his hair, fixing a curl that fell in his face. He's perfect.

"Okay, I'll be back in like fifteen minutes. I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I state as he shuts the door.

I continue to paint as my mind starts to wander. I wonder what my life would be like without Kenna. Would anything be different? Would I be where I am today? If I didn't know Kenna then I never would have met Harry but I think I would still be in the same location. It was my idea to come to New York anyway. So I would still be here, just without Harry. Being here without Harry would be hell. Before I met him I was used to being alone. I have to admit my mental health has gotten a lot better since I met Harry, I think it's because he doesn't let me overthink things like I used to. Before I was alone so I had no one to stop me from overthinking.

I step back from the easel looking at my completed painting. I can't believe I finished it. I was starting to think I was never going to finish it. But I did. I hear the door open again, Harry walks through the door and his jaw immediately drops.

 I hear the door open again, Harry walks through the door and his jaw immediately drops

"Leah! This is incredible!" he shouts.

"Thank you," I say as I stand next to him looking at the painting.