INTRODUCTION

"I love you

"I love you." She smiled so brightly, her cheeks hurt. "More than you'll ever know."

She woke from the dream, startled. Every night for the past several weeks, she confessed her undying love to the same man in various places and scenarios. She never saw what he looked like, she only saw his silhouette. Despite this, she had this odd knowing feeling it was the same man in her dreams night after night.

She hated to admit that she enjoyed the dream when she first had it. The feeling of being in love was something she had so far only experienced in this dream, and gosh it felt so real.

Back in reality, things haven't been going the greatest.

Summer Andrews was already fairly isolated, living life on a small farm her parents left her in their will when they passed. Now it was just her and her dog, a couple goats, chickens, and a cow named Betty. She wasn't overly fond of the farm, but she wanted to keep the animals and the farm around in memory of her parents.
She had yet to get WiFi or cable, but thankfully there were a couple of channels on the tv to keep up with what was going on in the world.

She sighed and texted her friend, Ally, to cancel the plans they had for the weekend. She was already too tired to do anything today. Ally was a great girl, and really took Summer under her wing since she officially moved here a few months ago. Ally was the only person that Summer really had in her life right now.

Well, other than a nice gentleman she met at the cafe she worked at. He came around every couple of days or so, ordering whatever she suggested that day. He was always awfully flirty, but she enjoyed it.

After about a month, he asked her out. She asked for his number, but he claimed he didn't believe in phones. His reasoning? Not sure. She was too stupidly caught up in admiring his beauty to ask why or another way to contact him. Instead, he ensured her he would take her out soon, but never told her an exact date.

She set down her phone when there was a knock at the door. Answering that door was her first mistake. She opened the door to reveal the man she was supposed to go on the date with. How he found her, she had no idea.

She smiled nervously and tucked a stray piece of her hair behind her ear. "Hey! Don't get me wrong, it's great to see you, Tom-"

"Loki." He politely interrupted.

She tilted her head. "Pardon?"

He smiled warmly. "My name is Loki."

She blinked, weary of his sudden name change. The name 'Loki' caused an uneasy feeling to form in her stomach. Why did it sound so foreign yet so familiar? "Loki.... I wasn't expecting you today."

He sheepishly mumbled an apology, his cheeks flushing a light shade of pink. "I wanted to stop by and give you these." From behind his back, he pulled out a bouquet of flowers.