Chapter 6: Allison's Little Crush

Allison's POV

I woke up to the warm feeling of a body entangled next to mine. I narrowed my eyes into slits, wondering how on earth did I end up like this? And then the realization came in me - the loud music, the party, the strong tangy scent of liquor, the stupid game my bestfriend had made up and how I willingly gave in to Adam Payne. He fucked me, and I enjoyed it. I froze, mortified at what I've done. I can still feel the dry slick fluid we shared. I palmed my face, and wiggled a built. The uncomfortable sore feeling was evident down there.

I should leave before he wakes, I thought, suddenly alarmed. It would be a great shame if he'll see me like this.

I slowly sat up the couch, careful not to wake him, lifting his strong arms that had encircled my waist. As I quietly stood up, I took one last look at him. He was handsome, yes. It's such a pity he was a man whore. He could have been one of those prince charmings I had always wished for. Sex charming, probably.

I tiptoed across the carpet to gather my clothes, looking around to see if I left something behind. When I made sure I had everything with me, I went into the bathroom, had a quick shower before going downstairs where I found Carly and her friends, drunk and asleep on the huge couch on the living room. Mische was nowhere in sight but her black BMW convertible was still there when I looked around. She must be sleeping someplace else then. Figured that my bestfriend could take care of herself, I marched with great difficulty as I find my way outside the village. I took a cab on the way home.

I kicked off the damn shoes as soon as I stepped inside my place, took my clothes off and ran to bathroom where I scrubbed myself raw in the hot tub I filled in with too much soap. I contemplated on going to school for the day since I still have an hour to spare. I don't want to see him. Not right now. But I had major class that I can't missed just because someone took my virginity last night. I tried to picture Simon Prentice's face to appease myself but it only made me guiltier than I ever was. Not that something's going on between us. Its just... I fisted a handful of blonde locks. I don't know!

Frustrated, I dressed in my usual jeans and tee, grabbed my bag and went to school, hoping not to bump into anyone who I had seen in the party. If Adam's here, he would be spending his time in the field. Coach Spencers was starting to go ballistic, now that the school team was trying for the national thingy or something. Well, I don't know much about soccer or sports. Guess I'll be safe for now.

"Ally!" I jumped and saw Simon's confused face. His eyes lingering on me but averted his gaze as I looked at him. I smiled, ignoring my churning stomach and my brain that kept on flashing the guilty signs. Boy, does he look so cute with his wavy brown hair and little button nose with a few freckles.

"Are you on your way to Philosophy class?" he asked pleasantly. Sighing inwardly, I was thankful he hadn't commented about my being a little over the edge today.

"Yeah." I answered, absent-mindedly pulling out some of my notes before facing him as I pushed the locker shut. I tried to forced myself to smile.

"Great!" he said enthusiastically. "We could go together."

I nodded, pressing the hard-bound books I was carrying tightly against my chest.

Philosophy was my favorite class only because of Simon. Because I can stare at the back of his head for hours, wishing he would ask me out after class. He asked me once though. To the library which irked me in some way. What else would I expect from this nerd anyway?

Today, our professor droned about the kinds of induction. I would have gladly sunk in my usual stupor, just copying whatever he had written on the board or stare at my book until the letter were jumbling right before my eyes if it hadn't been for Simon who decided to sit next to me. I tried to listen to the lecture with my head throbbing dully but I just can't. I wanted to lie down and stretched my body. I felt so tired and sore, I just wanted to sleep some more.

"Can you give us an example of argument by analogy, Miss Richards?" the prof said, his eyes boring accusingly on me. I was guilty of course, of stifling a yawn in his class, my jaw starts to ache.

"If I am a teacher then I am professional. I am not a teacher. Ergo, I am not professional." I recited, wishing I had given the example he had been asking for.

"Very well.." he said, clapping his hands together and looking at the entire class. "What Miss Richards told us is a perfect example of a complete invalid syllogistic inference...blah blah."

I tried to keep my face neutral despite the fact that Simon was looking at me weirdly. He scribbled something on a piece of scrap paper and wordlessly handed it to me.

Are you okay?, it says. I stared at the writing for too long asking myself if I was okay. Of course I am not okay, I wanted to scream. I am not okay because my mind kept playing vivid images of what happened last night. How I kissed him Adam Payne back, let him touch me, let him lapped my cunt (Now I am being vulgar.) and how I let him fuck me senselessly, I can't get him off my mind. I wished I could tell someone but that was a very sensible type of secret I can't dished out even to someone I trust.

I picked out my pen which I had been fiddling with since the class started and

wrote a loopy, I'm okay. Just tired.

I passed the note back to him and looked straight into the board, trying to ignore my professor's voice. I jotted some notes down and by the end of the class, I swear I could whoop with joy.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Simon's voice rang through my ears just as I was stuffing my things hastily into my bag.

I looked up at him and forced a smile. He couldn't know. He will be disappointed. Of all people, Allison. Of all the people who thinks they're sensible enough to refuse a freaking one night stand. It should be me, Allison Richards!

"Yeah." I said shortly, smiling a little. "Just tired. You know, midterms are coming."

Simon laughed at playfully slapped his forehead with the back of his palm.

"I should've known you're trying to ace every class you're into!" he said with a laugh. I couldn't help but stare at him and thought of how I love the sound of his laugh. "Anyways..." he trailed, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I can hear the scrapes of chairs and tables being pushed aside by our classmates who were groaning about how hungry they were. "I thought I should ask but there's this event my org had been organizing this past week and I was just wondering if you could-"

"Allison!" a shrilly voice said. I groaned internally before looking at my shoulders. It was Mische, in her usual mini skirt. Today she was wearing a black frilly black one with her million-dollar smile that makes every boy in this school want to do anything she would ask.

Mische neared us, her too high pumps creating a faint clunk as it hit the floor. She gave me a suffocating hug, (because her perfume smelled too strong for me.) Her gaze fell to Simon as she awkwardly disentangled her limbs from me.

"Hey! Simon Prentice right?" she quipped, giving him one of her megawatt smile. Mische knew of course, how I like Simon since we were in freshman.

Simon adjusted his glasses and nodded dumbly at my bestfriend.

"It's my birthday tomorrow." Mische started. "I'll be having a house party tomorrow night at ten. Number 25 Jones Street, Newley City. That's a few kilometers away from Glassham City Mall. You're welcome to come with Ally."

What makes her think I'll come to her house party?

Simon made a sound that sounded very much like Ugggghhh. I shook my head slightly, seeing him blushing furiously as he gaped at my bestfriend. I knew he was trying to digest her invitation because Mische never invites just anyone to her party.

Mische, however, didn't wait for reply. She grabbed my arm in a too friendly way telling Simon she needed me for a much-needed fashion crisis.