Chapter 27: Asshole Adam

Allison

Mische, aside from the fact she looked worse than yesterday even with the BB cream and concealer slapped in her face was beyond furious and the bad thing was that, I can't do anything about it. She wanted me to tell what I saw and I told her what I saw. I can lie but I won't because I love Mische. She saved my ass a few times. This one, I owe it to her.

I told her everything, even the police busting inside the bar for reasons I don't even know. Maybe it was drugs, she says. She apologized profusely for that and I shoved her lightly and playfully telling her not to worry about it because Nate saved me and that was over. I didn't end up behind the bars. Right now, she needs to think of herself and whether she's going to confront Seth about it.

We had no proof, just my pair of eyes seeing them going lovey-dovey and affectionate on each other.

"Maybe Seth was comfortable touching his girlfriends." I said. She shot me a dirty look. "I mean, friends that are girls."

"Do you think I was just being paranoid?" she snapped. "I called him last night, he told me he would be staying out late for a project. A project named Bonnie Constantine? I called him a few times after that but he did not answer the phone. Not anymore."

Most of the time, people don't want to hear the truth. It hurts, they say but a moment of truth is incomparable with an eternity of lies.

"That cockroach." she hissed, looking very grim. I flinched just by looking at her. I told you, Seth was her first love. They were all over each other until college. Mische wanted him to go with her but Seth wanted a program different from the ones offered at school. My bestfriend knew she had to let him breathe at least, for the sake of relationship. She's not trusting, Mische, but eventually, she learned to just so one day, he can lie and cheat on her face.

She took off her three-inch black pumps and held it tightly on her fist. Like she was going to crush it with her bare hands.

"You know," she began, breaking the silence that hovered between us. "I have an idea." She was smiling mischievously and I don't like the look that spread across her face. She was planning something bad.

Before I opened my mouth to say something. She had whisked the Lamborghini car keys in my hand and took off, carrying one of her pumps in her hands. I shook my head and sighed, and then run after her.

We ended up in a hardware, just 30 minutes away from school. Mische had grabbed a big baseball bat and a screw driver before we set off again for the grocery store to buy four dozen of eggs. As Mische lined up in the counter behind the other shoppers, I took hold of her arm.

"I know what you're going to do." I said seriously. She just stared at me like I was telling her something about the weather, completely ignoring me. I raised my arms, palms up in surrender and didn't say anything as she pulled some paper bills to pay for her purchase.

We went back to the car where she grabbed a couple of tacos and pizzas and cokes. We ate inside before heading to my place.

"I need you tomorrow, Ally." she croaked and I stopped mid-climbing down the car. I looked over my shoulders.

"Why?" I asked. "So, you can have an accomplice on what you're planning to do?! Mische I-"

"I know okay?" she shouted, slapping the steering wheel with her palm in frustration. "What do you want me to do? Meet him and slap him? You think that would make me feel better? I just want to get even!"

"Fine! Tomorrow then!" I said, slamming the passenger door hard and walking inside Queensland where a few tenants were loitering. I rolled my eyes, breathing heavily. I just don't get it why Mische had to get even. Can she just move on and find another? Not find another though but move on.