Chapter 16: Take Things Slow

Allison

"You're not yourself lately." Margaux observed as she heaved the stack of books against her chest, standing up on her armchair with me on tow.

Margaux Collins was my average friend who takes up the same classes as me. We met each other during enrollment and signed up for the same classes. Margaux was average but I always thought she was hot; she just doesn't acknowledge that fact. She was a brunette with some burgundy highlights on her wavy hair, dark brown eyes and nice small lips. She has long tanned legs and equally tanned boobs that jiggle and make boys stop and stare at her at the corridors.

She was recently hospitalized for pneumonia so she was missing loads in classes and was taking up extra hours sitting in on those lessons she missed.

"You are the one who's not yourself." I countered, smiling as I pulled my backpack over my shoulder. "Are you sure you didn't barge out of the hospital or something?"

She laughed, and stopped walking, nudging me hard on the elbows. She pointed her chin towards something and I saw Simon Prentice talking to Daryl Sommers, his best friend. He had his back turned to me. A lopsided smile spread from my face as the heat crept up to my cheeks. We continued walking amongst the crowd of students towards the locker.

"Hey M!" Daryl greeted, smiling goofily at Margaux, giving her a high five. "Glad to see you back."

Margaux smiled and it was a different kind of smile. These two have been constantly teasing and flirting with one another, so it wouldn't surprise me if they'll be together one day.

I went to my locker, spun the code and chuck some of my books inside. I couldn't bear myself to turn around because the weight of someone staring at me was making me feel uncomfortable. A hand landed on my shoulders. I spun around.

It was Simon. My heart started to raced.

"Hey." he greeted, scratching his neck awkwardly.

"Hey." I said lightly. "I haven't seen you at the party."

"I-" he started. "It was org's event day last night and I was one of the organizers."

"Oh." was all I could say because someone had spun me again.

Fuck, it was Payne. Fuck fuck fuck, my brain chanted before it completely shut down and I was left gaping at him. He looked delicious and extremely fuckable (Really?) in black soccer uniform or whatever they call it. His hair was styled up in a tousled kind of way that made him look like he just get out of bed. There were stubbles on his chin and for the first time, I'd noticed his chiseled jaw, all made for a man like him. I nearly wet myself.

"My lady." he said, taking my hand and kissing the back of it, like he did on Mische's party. I bet I my face was beet red that time because I cannot breathe properly and my heart seemed to have stopped beating.

He reminds me of those people in the hit series, Game of Thrones, addressing reputable women as 'my lady' or 'your grace' and it was so romantic to my ears.

The time seemed to stopped. Well, everyone really stopped whenever he passes by, taking their time to adore him but this time, it seemed like everyone had gathered around us to look. I held my breath as he placed three red roses on my hand and everyone was talking in hushed voices.

"What is this?" I asked dumbly. Of course, they're roses, Allison. What could they be?

"Red roses." he replied with a sexy smirk that showed his dimple. I swallowed the lump on my throat. "I'll be back at lunch time."