Chapter 17: Mische and Margaux

Allison

Whispers followed as I went back to school. Adam walked me inside the halls, giving me a peck on the forehead as he headed back to the field for his soccer practice. I was determined to look for the empty classroom I usually stay with Margaux during breaks. I just needed some time alone to read something for my next class.

"She's not even pretty."

"Look at her shirt!"

"-and her jeans. God."

I tried my best to ignore them all and my phone which was vibrating from my pocket. I've been tgrough this whispering behind my back thing when I first dated Bradley and imagine my humiliation when I found out he was screwing one of Mische's friends, using me as a cover or whatever. That's why I tried not to believe in everything Adam Payne was saying. I'm not a cold-hearted bitch playing hard to get. I like Adam. I really do. He's funny and sweet and yes, a good-looking spoiled brat who's good in soccer and a sex God in bed but I don't want history repeating itself and I don't want to see myself hunched over Mische's bony shoulder, crying my heart out.

Eventually, I found Margaux on an empty classroom, reading her notes. She got all excited when she saw me, beckoning me sit beside her.

"Mische is looking for you." she informed me. Of course, Mischa Campbell would go looking for me. "You are the talk of the whole school! That was unexpected. How long have you been seeing each other? Are you in some kind of a secret relationship and that he can't take it anymore to be in secret and wants to have PDA with you in public?"

"You watch too many movies. Do you know that?" I asked her, faking annoyance in my voice. "We're not on a secret relationship. We just kind of had a conversation in Mische's birthday party. That's all."

"Really?"

Well, if you must know, I let him fuck me twice. He was so good-looking and his body looked like a big black forest cake I would forever feast on and his dick was so big, I thought it wouldn't fit me."

That's what I wanted to tell her but of course, I'm not telling that to everybody. She opened her mouth again, probably to press me on with some questioning but my phone is vibrating and I told her to hold on for a minute.

Mische was calling. Jesus, can't this day get any better? I decided to answer before she decided to track me down with the GPS device she had installed on our cell.

"Hey-" I said, deciding to start casually. And lamely with a 'Hey Mische.'

"What in the world are this rumors that Allison Richards and Adam Payne are screwing each other in secret?" she asked, her voice was high-pitched. "You were going out with- Hang on. Where are you? I've been tracking you and I cannot find you. You seemed to be moving places."

"I'm with Margaux in the empty classroom we usually stay at Bussiere building."

"I'm coming right over."

She hangs up.

I laid my back on my seat with Margaux watching me like a vulture weighing its prey. We sat quietly for a few moments, reading our notes when she spoke.

"If you think I'm done with the questioning, think again." she said, not looking up from her notes. "I was just waiting for Mische so you don t have to repeat your answers and I don't have to repeat my questions."

I shook my head. Mische and Margaux were both bombshells although the latter refuses to acknowledge that she was hot, Mische gladly accepted it. She like that men were drooling over her ass and that they were thinking of how firm her boobs were. I introduced them to each other and that, I think was one of the biggest mistake I made because they've been persuading me to attend parties (although Margaux never attended Mische's parties) and hook up with some random guy while waiting for Simon Prentice to notice me.

The familiar scent of Mische's too strong perfume had warned me that she was a few meters away. I scrunched my nose. Mische's perfume just smells too strong it was almost putrid.

"Aha! The talk of the whole school!" she greeted with her high-pitched voice, gicing me a peck on the cheek. I had the urge to wipe her sticky lipgloss off my face. She gave Margaux the same peck on the cheek before pulling a chair she set in front of me.

"Now, what is this Allison-is-screwing-Adam-Payne-secretly rumor that Carly told me about?" she inquired, pucking her red lips.

"You know better than to believe in Carly Mattheson." I said, looking into her eyes which was shimmering with brown eye shadow.

"I know, right?" she said indignantly. "But everybody was talking about you guys and about that little rose giving incident at the locker room." She paused, biting her lower lip. "Are you secretly dating?"

"Gods, Mische, no." I said and I don't care whether I sounded defensive. I just don't want people grilling me even if they were my friends. "You know me better than that."

"So, what's really going on between the two of you?" It was Margaux, twirling her hair with her finger, her head turned to her side so she could face me.

"I told you." I began exasperatedly. "We just strike a conversation at Mische's party last night because you-" I tilted my head to Mische's direction. "gave him my address so he could take me to your party."

"Yes, yes." Mische said thoughtfully, nodding his head vigorously. "I was partially to blame but that thing in the lockers was beyond my will, you know."

I didn't answer.

"So, are you going out with him?"

"No." I answered shortly, glaring at my notes. I wish they could stop questioning me because its making me like Adam lesser and lesser every minute.

"No? What do you mean no?" Margaux said, closing her book.

"We're not dating or screwing each other or secretly going out."

"Don't you like him?" Mische prodded some more. "He's really nice and all those rumors about him were forty percent true. I mean, he's a man and a man has needs."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. A man's needs were not a justifiable excuse to cheat or to screw more than one woman at the same time.

"He's a man with plenty of needs, Mische." I said nonchalantly.

"You know, I've been friends with Adam ever since middle school-" Figures, I wanted to say. "And he's not the guy who cheats on his girl. He had unimaginable sex with them but he doesn't cheat."

"I don't care." I said. "I don't like him."

"How could you say that?!" Margaux blurted indignantly, sounding a bit like Carly. "Everybody likes Adam Payne, Allison. If this is about that guy who cheated on you-"

"It's not about Bradley, M." I said with such finality, clearly indicating that the conversation was over.

Mische and Margaux were the only ones who knew about how Bradley cheated on me back in middle school. The thing was, these two girls, no matter how nosy they were, prodding on my lovelife and hooking up life, were very keen on keeping secrets and I love them for that.

The bell rang and we scrambled to get off our seats to our next class.