Chapter 30: Nate

Allison'S POV

The incessant vibrating of my phone in my pocket woke me up the next day. The room smelled strongly of coffee and Nate wasn't in his bed anymore.

There was a thin strip of sunlight that escape through the venetian blinds. I haven't seen anything like that since I moved to my unit. Because there's no windows in my bedroom. I had to passed by the kitchen to have a bit of sunlight.

I wiggled out of the sheets and went out of bed, straight into the bathroom where I gurgled tap water to rid of my morning breath, then went out to the kitchen holding my phone.

Mische: Wer r u? Been in ur unit for more than two hours. Call me asap.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. ASAP? What an emergency. The smell of coffee grew stronger. It was when I realized that Nate had set a cup of coffee under my nose. I looked up at him, he was wearing his sunshine smile again, and I just wanted nothing to do but melt in his arms.

The thing with guys is that, they were hard to figure out. I went to a party with him, stayed inside a dingy and stinky place for hours, make out with him, pig out, goof around, watch movies and drink milkshakes but still, I don't know him. With Adam, I have no idea what he's like. He doesn't tell me anything but just "I like you." and screwing up a woman would be the best way to show it.

I wish it could be that simple, but it doesn't.

"Why do I get the urge to kiss you everytime you smile like that?" I asked him, rubbing my eyes sleepily and texting Mische back.

I'm hving brkfast wid Jamie :-) TTYL

"I don't know." he said, his smile fading. "Lots of girls wants to kiss me. Maybe I should ask them why they like kissing me.

I sipped my coffee and crossed my legs under the kitchen table. It tasted more like cappuccino than coffee. And this time, I really rolled my eyes on Nate who chuckled and pulled a chair.

"I was just kidding." he said. "I'm not the party-scene type of guy but I go sometimes just to de-stress myself and forget all these things about being Adam Payne's half-brother."

"But you've met Mische in a party." I pointed out.

"That was my friend's party. Klein Faulkner." he replied non-chalantly. "I don't know how Mische got in there but she seemed to be the type of girl who got loads of connections when it comes to parties."

"She's that girl." I said, nodding my head.

"You know, we should play kiss and strip sometimes." he said pleasantly just as the microwave gave a faint TING! He propped it open and pulled out two slices of pizza using what looked like a tong.

"You've made that up."

"Of course, I made that up." he said, running his hand through his light brown hair. I gaped at him. Oh my god, that was so sexy I want to do that with my hands. "You want to hear the rules?"

"Whatever."

"Okay, first we have to kiss and then you'll take off whatever clothing I was wearing and then we'll kiss some more and this time I'll have to take whatever you're wearing."

"That sounds like sex to me." I monotoned. He nodded and I narrowed my eyes on him.

"It was the sexier version of sex." he began. "It's not the usual ass-grabbing, nipple-rolling, dick-sucking, pussy-lapping sex."

I laughed at his face the moment he finished talking.

"Jesus, are you asking me to have sex with you?" I asked, guffawing.