Chapter 25: Carly's Blackmail

Allison

I woke up with a start when Nate shook me lightly and told me we could head home. I scrunched up my nose and nodded. Nate fumbled around for quite some time before I heard a faint click. The door groaned loudly before swinging open. I stepped out, squinted and rubbed my eyes as the bright lights appeared before me. Nate massaged his nape and stretched his limbs like a cat who had just woken up.

"Is it safe to go out there?" I asked, my voice hoarse and my throat felt rough. Like I swallowed a spoonful of sand.

"I think so." he said, his hazel brown eyes darting back and forth suspiciously.

I grabbed my purse and walked outside with him. He was silent, but he held my hand, intertwining my fingers with his and I liked that.

It was quiet outside, it almost felt surreal. I looked over my shoulder and realized that there were police tapes around the bar. What happened? I asked myself. This bar had just opened a few days ago and now, it was raided like it was a prostitution den with police shouting and firing guns to keep everybody inside. People, mostly from OSU, running and shoving each other as they tried to escape. My head aches just thinking about it.

A car sped and it made me jumped slightly.

"Do you want to grab a bite?" Nate asked. I realized his hand was still interlocked with mine. I sighed and nodded, pulling him towards me and kissing him.

What are you doing? my head asked me. I don't know, another part answered. Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing but I felt like I had to kiss him. And I did. And he didn't push me or shove me away. Instead, he kissed me back. And it was different from all the kisses I've ever had. It was gentle and sweet, not the kiss that will eventually leads to sex.

I felt his arms around my waist as he kissed me. I felt the adrenaline rushing through me. I was reminding my heart mentally to beat because it might have stopped at some point. There were huge butterflies on my stomach, fluttering with joy... with victory. My brain was shouting, Go Allison! Go Allison!

The time seemed to have stopped for the both of us. It was too soon for me to say that I love him because I've known him for only a day. It doesn't seem to stop you from jumping over him, my mind chided. Well, I think he deserves an award for keeping his hands and dick to himself though I had felt his hardening crotch on my stomach.

We were both gasping for breaths as soon as we parted. He smiled his goofy smile again and I smiled back at him.

"Well," he said, catching his breathe. "At least I got a kiss for our first date."

I shook my head and laughed at him. He grabbed my hand again and we padded our way to the convenience store where I parked Mische's car.

Tired and sleepy, we grabbed a Smarty's milkshake, some greasy fries, tacos and burger munching on the car as I drove back to Johnson City. I will be dropping Nate to his apartment on 7th avenue before I'll drive another half hour to get to my place. I was thinking of going more than the speed limit but law is law. Besides, Portland police were so keen on speed limit. I smelled of alcohol and I might end up in jail for driving under the influence of alcohol.

"Turn right then pull over to next to the bookshop."

I obliged, pulling next to the Crook and Nook bookshop which was a combination of bookshop and coffeeshop. To my surprise, it was still open. Twenty or so people in white uniforms were seated separately to each other, their noses buried in books while sipping their coffees.