Chapter 12: Mische's Party

Allison

Did I just give in to Adam Payne for the second time? I asked silently as I dabbed a spray of perfume in my wrists and neck. What are we now, fuck buddies? Friends with benefits? An official item? I felt his arms ensnaring my waist. He placed a light kiss at the back of my neck which immediately sent goosebumps all over me. I sighed.

It's a good thing I was on the pills. Not that I was using them as a contraceptive. Just something to help me maintain a regular cycle. Wild Adam has this habit of putting his own seed deep inside me.

One could not deny that he was something. He was dashing, OSU's soccer star and he can have every girl he wants at his beck and call. The thing with boys like him is that they get tired of having the same woman in bed. And I know you know what I meant by that. Frankly, I don't like to be one of those girls he gets tired with. He's got a Sex-God reputation to live up.

"We can't do this anymore and I mean it." I told him, looking at ourselves in the full-length mirror. He spun me around and looked at me. "You can't just knock in here and kiss me and have sex with me."

"I'm not sure I can promise you that when you're literally and figuratively breath taking." he said, placing a light kiss on my lips.

"Payne-" I started.

"I heard you." he said with a sighed, his eyes transfixed on mine. "Tell me why we can't do this. You're single, I'm single. We're two consenting adults now, Allison."

"Because it's wrong." I said shortly, stepping out of my room to grab the purse Mische had bought to go with the midnight blue halter dress I was wearing tonight.

"What is wrong with this?" he asked, half shouting, blocking my way.

"Can we talk about this some other time?" I asked annoyed. "Mische is waiting."

I let him went outside first, making sure that the door was all locked up. We went down the lobby by elevator, not talking to each other which I was glad for. I didn't even argue when he told me to wait for him in the front doors to get his car. And it was just any other car, it was a fucking black Jaguar. It was so sexy; I wish it could come alive so I could marry it somehow. Adam went out of the car to open the door. He secured my seatbelt, his face an inch away from mine that I could even smell his breathe. I resist the urge to kiss him full oh his lips. He's got that sexy full lips, just so you know. His hair tastes like smoke, and I could tell he's been smoking.

We haven't talked during the ride. I resorted to watching the bright lights coming from the bars and buildings that we passed. Newley wasn't a perfect city. Even though it looks industrialized as Glassham, you can still see homeless people around, lurking in narrow alleys or scavenging left-over foods they can spare.

Adam went into McDonald's drive through. I looked at him questioningly but didn't say anything. I was tired and frankly, I could use some time alone to think about things, especially the reason I let him inside my panties again. I pursed my lips. These kinds of things shouldn't keep on happening whenever we'd bump into each other. Say it was a great sexual tension between us but still, it was wrong. Very, very wrong. I heard his voice ordering some cheeseburgers and coke. After a while, he handed me a cheeseburger.

"Mische holds parties with great wine but not food so we'll have to feast on something first." he said, biting into his own cheeseburger, stepping on the gas. I unwrapped mine, taking a small bite. I wasn't hungry. Really. I just want to get this over with.

Mische's house was in the heart of Newley but was close to Glassham. Her parents bought it as a sort of a vacation house although it looks nothing like one. Mische moved in her immediately after she got her admission letter at OSU, asking me to live with her which I turned down saying that my parents had gotten me a unit in Queensland. That's half of the truth. The other half was I just can't stand having house parties every day. Mische's like that. She likes being socially well-known. I like being on my own.

The loud party sounds were evident just a few blocks away and I knew, just as Adam pulled his Jaguar near the Victorian house that was my best friend's, that the party had already started. I got off quickly as soon as the car engine died down, all grace forgotten. I rushed inside, leaving him on his own. I just wanted to get away but he had caught me by the waist just as I was seeing the bright chandelier lights. He was really quick.

"Not here." I hissed, and he let go.

I walked inside, looking around the house which was full of punch and plastic cups and people dancing and making out. Did Simon come? I forgot to ask him. I haven't seen him anyway.

"Drinks?" A familiar voice asked, handing me a paper cup which I accepted. I looked up to see Zeke smiling at me. I gave him a shy smile.

"Thanks." I muttered and he whooped like a child because I remembered him. He ushered me past the dancing crowd, scrunching his nose up like an eight-year-old as he was pressed against sweaty bodies. I can't help but laugh at him.

He brought me into the swimming pool area where the entire soccer team was busy chatting with each other. I spotted Mische in the middle of the small crowd, his dyed blonde hair stands out. She smiled widely when she saw me and she rushed and pecked me on the cheek and enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug telling me how grateful she was that I came to her birthday. She was wearing a strapless red dress that showed a lot of cleavage, a beautiful gold necklace hanging on her neck.

She looked radiant. I smiled at her.

I handed her a small parcel which serves as my gift. It was gold bracelet I had saved up for her birthday.

"Oh my God, Allison." she panted, looking truly touched at my small token. She wore it and shook her wrists. "Don't tell me it's from Chanel but thanks!"

I nodded, smiling at the fact that she liked my little gift considering that she must have a thousand of gold bracelets that can suit her dresses more.

She put her arms around me, making me face the entire soccer team. Adam was there, sipping on his punch, his eyes on me. I refused to look at him but his gaze was making me feel conscious and awkward. I sighed. This is going to be a longer night as I thought.

"Guys." Mische started and the boys stopped chatting to face me. "This is my best friend, Allison." she finished. I smiled timidly at the boys, feeling Adam's eyes boring holes through my skull. I ignored him, looking around everybody who shook my hand. Their names were a lot to remember. Joey, Chris, Nathan, Ethan, Ted, Zeke and a lot I can't remember. They all said hi as they take turns in shaking my hands, Zeke guffawed as he did.

Then the unexpected happened. Adam waltzed towards me, my heart beginning to race. I tried to look at him casually, like he was just one of those guys who shook my hands when he's not. They were all gone from my line of sight and he was the only one for me to see. He was handsome minus the way he carries himself. Cocky and arrogant like he owns the world. When he took a stepped one foot away from me, I was already breathless.

"Hi." he said, holding out his hand and wearing a lopsided grin. "Adam."

I have no idea what he was on about but it looked like he was trying to make it seemed like we've just met for the first time. He had never taken off his eyes on mine and I never did, too. Because this night feels magical. And the moment his hand touched mine, there was something warm and buzzing about it. Just like the way he had always felt when his skin simply grazed against mine. I smiled, and this time, I gave him a genuine smile.

"Allison." I simply said and without further ado, he placed a kiss at the back of my hand. I nearly choked on my punch.