Chapter 3

Russia POV
--------

Russia hated using his walking stick. It made him feel old, even though he was only 18. Well, he wasn't exactly in perfect health.

The trio was passing through the building now. They had just past the clearing, which had made Russia extremely uncomfortable, staring at his own, dried blood smeared on the grass and trees.

They were all glad to be out of the building, but what was outside was worse. The entire forest was scorched. It was all gray and black. They walked through, ignoring the charred skeleton by the entrance to the building.

They walked for a long time. Strangely, Russia's hip didn't really hurt, just aching like normal.

" Do you need to stop," America kept in asking.

" No," said Russia, smiling at him," I'm totally fine."

" Well that's what people say when their not fine," America would mumble.

Eventually they came to a stop. They group sat down to rest, tired.

" How far have we walked," asked America, looking around.

" I think we're almost already halfway," panted Pip.

" How are you okay," asked America, looking worriedly at Russia," Were you lying about being fine?"

" My hip just aches but that's normal," said Russia," I'm just gonna sit down for a while."

" Okay," said Pip," Me and Ame are gonna go find firewood. You just rest up, call if you need anything."

" Oh, okay," said Russia, waving as they walked away.

He saw some dried twigs scattered around the clearing. Might as well grab them. It wouldn't hurt to walk around a small clearing. He gathered some and made a small pile in front of him as he sat.

America POV
---------

" Whats going on," asked Pip as soon as they were aways away from Russia.

" What do you mean," asked America, playing dumb.

" You've been simping over Russia ever since we left," said Pip," He's just so oblivious he hasn't noticed."

" Look," said America," I'm just worried about him, I have been since the moment we found him mangled and dying on he ground."

" Okay," said Pip," But it's obvious he likes you back, so why don't you just tell him how you feel."

" WHAT," yelped America, snapping a dried branch right off a tree," No, not until I feel like it."

" Okay queen," said Pip, grabbing another stick.

...

Russia POV
--------

The next morning the trio set off again. Russia limped along next to America, Pip taking the lead. Russia glanced over his shoulder for the 500th time since they started walking.

" Are you okay," asked America," You seem paranoid."

" Well...," said Russia," You'd be nervous to if you were mauled by man made blender dogs."

America laughed," I guess I would."

Russia smiled. America's laugh was so pretty. America was so pretty. Wait, those thought again. Russia smiled despite himself. He'd given up trying to fight the thoughts, the daydreams. He was definitely gay. And Ame was gorgeous.

America smiled," Don't worry, nothing bad will happen."

" Whatever you say," sighed Russia, grinning.

He was rewarded with America's blushing, flustered face.

How cute!