Chapter 9

Philippines POV
----------

Pip followed China through the town. He seemed to know every crack in the side walk. He wasn't even looking where he was going, just looking at the pistol in hand. But he took every step like he had walked this path about thousands of times.

" Seem confident," commented Pip," For a guy who just lost an arm."

China grinned," Just another day on the town."

She shivered, he must have noticed so he changed the subject," So, you seem like a nice chick, any boys?"

" Why," said Pip.

" No reason," said China," Just trying to start a conversation. There's no hot guys here, believe me I've looked."

" Oh," said Pip.

" Why," said China, smirking," Think I was planning on flirting with you? No no no, not my type."

" You like men," said Pip, her tone questioning.

" Depends on the kind of man they are," said China," Your avoiding my question."

" Well, yes I do have a boyfriend," said Pip," He's back at the safe point though."

" Hmm," said China," So why are you guys trying to get into this hell hole." He jerked his thumb towards the lab, closer now than it had been. Pip told him about the kill switch, careful to keep her voice down, not wanting to attract unwanted attention.

" Don't worry," said China," The...townsfolk stay away from here, so we're safe. Let's just say the people at that lab don't take to kindly to them."

" So why have you been spying on them," asked Pip. " It's probably a weird reason," said China," But...their a little strange."

" Really," said Pip," I would never have thought they were strange."

" No, listen," said China," I mean they've been doing some weird shit, even for them. I've been spying on them for a while. I've seen them putting up cameras around town then destroying them a few hours later. They'll release a new monster into the world and then kill three monsters. It's like they can't make up their minds. It's really weird, and who wants to set up cameras around this fucked up town, the things you could see aren't exactly something you'd want to see."

" I...that is a little weird," said Pip," It sounds like their panicking to me. Maybe they are..." She trailed off, trying to think.

" Like their running out of time," said China quietly, almost to himself. " What," said Pip, only half listening.

" When people are running out of time," said China," They start to panic. Maybe they know that you and your friends are here, the Kill Switch is just out of your reach, now their panicking."

" Do you really think that's what's happening," asked Pip.

" We're about to find out," said China, turning the safety off on the pistol," Look alive, we're here."