Chapter 18

Canada POV
--------

Canada stood by their father. Watching the experiment. China was laid out on a hospital bed.

" So what are we doing," said Canada," To him I mean?"

" We are giving back what he lost," said Britain wickedly," Just watch."

The doctors inside were going around the room preparing syringes and some kinds of liquids. China was laying on the table, his one arm was strapped down, same with his legs. He was trying to fight out the the restraints. He yelled but then one of the doctors got tired of the struggle and stuck a syringe in his arm. China fell silent then fell asleep, the doctor went back to work.

" Father," said Canada," What are they gonna do?"

" Be patient," breathed Britain, watching intensely," Any moment now."

So Canada watched. He thought about America. He was just standing behind Britain, watching, waiting for the next thing to do. He was like Britain's shadow, if shadows listened to your every order that is.

" Father, can you please explain what's about to happen," said Canada," Procedure wise."

" Of course," said Britain," I have been experimenting with animal DNA, attempting to make the monsters stronger. The tests have failed on the monsters, but I have yet to try it in a human."

" So," said Canada," Your going yo inject him with an animal's DNA. How will that affect him physically, you said you'd give him his arm back, how will this do it?"

Britain smiled, but said no more. Canada watched as the doctors stuck two different syringes in China's arm. Then they stepped back. The doctors glanced at Britain through the window, they looked nervous.

" What's gonna happen," whispered Canada.

Then an scream tore through the air. Canada saw China begin to thrash and convulse, his eyes wild with pain and fear. Canada saw why. On China's shoulder, the one that had no arm, something was growing. It grew at a fast rate, until everything seemed to stop.

" It worked," breathed Britain," It worked."

Britain was smiling.

But Canada had never felt more sick to his stomach in all his life.