Chapter 17

Russia POV
--------

The group looked around the house. He wasn't anywhere. Pip even went outside to look. Nothing. The three of them were panicking.

" Where could he have gone," said Pip," He couldn't even stay awake, let alone walk."

" I don't know," said Russia," We left him for a few minute, he couldn't have just disappeared."

" Well, umm," said China," I hate to burst your bubble, but he kinda did disappear."

" How," said Russia.

" How the fuck am I supposed to know," said China.

" GUYS," yelled Pip," SHUT THE FUCK UP I THINK I HEAR SOMETHING OUTSIDE!"

Everyone fell silent, then Russia smelled it. Smoke. Without a word everyone went and grabbed their things. They put in their clothes, leaving their night wear behind, then Russia grabbed the rations and first aid kit, put them in his bag, grabbed his walking stick, then the three were out the door. There was a fire somewhere, best to get outside as fast as possible. After what happened with South Korea, Pip and Russia were more than happy to leave. Just in time. The house next to theirs was on fire, and now it had begun spreading to their hide out.

" Well shit," said China.

" Well shit indeed," said Russia.

" This has to be Britain," said Pip," Who else would do this?"

" You got the Britain part half right."

Russia turned, the others not late to do the same. Russia's anger, the anger he had worked so hard to smother, seemed like a wave that crashed over him.

Britain smiled," I was hoping for that reaction."

" What the hell do you want," snapped Russia.

" To gloat," said Britain," That stunt you pulled was quite a disruption, so this is the punishment."

" What, burning an old house down," said Pip," I'm sure we can live without it."

" Oh," said Britain," But can you live without this."

He stepped aside and someone walked to his side. Their movements were stiff, as if they were in pain. Russia gasped and almost staggered back into the flaming house. America stared at the group. His one eye that had been black and blue was red and blue, but black was dripping out of his eye down his cheek like ink. His eyes were glowing red, his face showed no emotion.

" America," said Pip, then she glared at Britain," What did you do to him."

" Well," said Britain, as if he's done this hundreds of times," I learned he was going to run away all those years ago, so I drugged him one night. I put a chip in his head, something I could use to control him if I ever needed." He patted America on the head," It has some use now. I needed to start a fire, and he was my best option." America was flicking a blade back and forth, as if threatening to use it. It looked like his old ones, but it was bigger. He had no emotion on his face, he was empty, a shell of what he used to be. Bandages were still around his torso, his wound still very fresh.

 Bandages were still around his torso, his wound still very fresh

" It's you," said Russia," Your the one in his head. And when he panicked, that was you taking control. And when he stopped struggling, that was you."

" Smart," said Britain," Looks like you finally wised up since the last time we met."

" Asshole," snarled China.

Britain's eyes landed on China," Oh, looks like you made a friend. But he is not one of the test subjects, though he'll be useful at the lab."

" Like hell I'm going anywhere with you," snapped China.

Britain rolled his eyes and flicked his hand slightly. In an instant, America lunged forward. He had China by the sleeve of his shirt, be spun back around and came to a stop by Britain, holding the blade to China's neck.

" If you two move," said Britain," I will have America kill him, then you can watch America kill himself."

" Y-Your bluffing," said Russia, his voice breaking," You won't kill your own son."

" Maybe not, but he can most certainly kill himself," said Britain," I could order him to cut his tongue out, or rio his own eyes out, or maybe I can-"

" STOP," shrieked Pip," WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US? JUST LEAVE US ALONE!"

Britain smiled wickedly," I can't do that just yet, not until you finish your test."

Then he was walking away, taking a wailing China, and silent, brainwashed America with him. Pip fell to her knees, covered her ears and began to sob. Russia knelt down beside her, hugged her and she hugged back, both of them sobbing.