Chapter 19

Russia POV
--------

Russia and Pip have got to be insane to do this. They were walking through the land halls, as carefully as they could. They had managed to get in through the back again, and were walking with caution. They had heard screaming, that could only mean one thing. They followed the noise until they saw someone. They were stumbling, obviously in gray pain.

" Hello," called Pip, her voice wary," A-Are you okay?"

" What the hell are you doing," whispered Russia.

" If we help them, maybe they'll help us,," whispered Pip.

" It hurts," the person groaned," It hurts so much. I had to do it. They had to die. I needed to escape."

" Okay," said Pip gently," Wait...Russia..."

" I know," said Russia, he had heard it when they spoke. It's China. But somethings wrong with him. He stepped towards Pip and Russia. The two gasped and stepped back. His arm was back, but it wasn't human. It looked like a long tentacle, pink and bloody. Bandages wrapped around his neck down and his arm.

 Bandages wrapped around his neck down and his arm

" I had to do it," muttered China," Pain. They had to die. I had to escape."

" Okay China," said Russia," Everything is gonna be okay, just walk over here."

China stumbled over to them, his tentacle arm limp on the ground, being dragged behind him. It had only been a day since Britain kidnapped China, and brainwashed America, but China already looked broken. He collapsed a few inches away from Pip and Russia, exhausted.

" What are we supposed to do now," said Pip, kneeling next to their friend.

" I'll go on alone," said Russia," I know what your gonna say," said Russia as Pip frowned," And I know. But you know as well as I do that I'm not a threat, but you two are. You take him back to the new hideout, I'll head further, but I'll get out quick if there's trouble."

" Okay," said Pip reluctantly," And Russia." She grabbed his arm as he went to walk away. She smiled and said," I'm sure your dad would be really proud of you."

Russia smiled. Then they hugged, something the old Russia would never have done. Then Pip was staggering out with China. And Russia was limp-running towards the main room. Where this all began.

The belly of the beast.