Chapter 21

Philippines POV
----------

Philippines and China just made it out in time. They looked back at the smoking, burning building. China glared at the guards who tried to grab them, his tentacle arm flicked back and forth dangerously.

" Where are they," asked Pip, to no one in particular.

" I don't know," said China," But they better get out soon. Cause if the fire doesn't kill them the smoke will."

Pip paced back and forth nervously, hugging herself. Chin put his normal hand on her shoulder.

" Hey," he said," They'll be okay. I know Russia better than anyone, and he's a survivor. And from what I've seen, so is America."

" He is," said Pip," They both are."

The fire roared on.

...

Canada POV
--------

Canada stopped and coughed again. He had been out of the way of the explosion, and now he was making his way to the main room to get out through the exit. He stumbled through the smoke till he made it. He was halfway to the exit hall when he saw something. Two people were laying motionless on the floor, their arms wrapped around each other.

He glanced at the exit hallway entrance then back at them. He sighed and ran to them. He recognized them immediately. America and Russia. The kill switch was about a four away from them.

" They did it," breathed Canada, which led to more coughing.

They had done it. It could all end now. Canada didn't have to do anymore terrible things. Canada loved his father and brother, but he didn't want to do this anymore. His father had his reasons, their mother died for this project. He was willing to do whatever it took to make it a success. But it was over. Canada felt helpless. He couldn't take both of them with him.

" Take...him."

Canada jumped and looked back down. Russia's minty eyes were open, and looking up at Canada. Russia smiled and looked back down at America, who wasn't awake.

" B-But," said Canada," You'll die."

" So be it," croaked Russia, smiling," Just take him and go. Tell Philippines...that it's okay."

Then he was out, unconscious. Canada picked up his brother and ran. Leaving Russia behind to die.