Chapter 23

Philippines POV
----------

Philippines laid Russia down next to America and stood back so she could cough. China patted her on the back until she was done. She turned back to them. America and Russia were both covered head to toe with soot and ash. Russia had two burns on his good arm and one on the side of his neck, though thankfully they weren't bad burns and would heal easily. If he lived.

" I'll go get one of those stretchers outside the lab," said China," We need to get them to your healer friend as fast as possible."

China ran off, his tentacle arm was wrapped around his waist. He disappeared from view and sat down next to her friends, only then did she see they were holding hands.

China came running back, a stretcher being pushed in front of him. It looked really big to be a stretcher, but so long as it carried America and Russia back to the safe point, it would work.

China picked up Russia and laid him out on the stretcher, picking up America next. Pip nearly broke when she saw them together. They were motionless and dirty. They were dying. Yet they were together, limps tangled and arms wrapped around each other.

" Why can't they just be happy," whispered Pip," Why do we all have to suffer?"

China unwrapped his tentacle from his waist and wrapped it around the handles, telling her without using words that he would push. Pip looked at Canada, who was standing away from them.

" Are you gonna come with us," asked Pip.

Canada looked past them at the scientists and guards that had all survived. He looked back at China and Pip again. Then he ran off, towards the other survivors.

Pip and China looked at each other, nodded, then started towards the trees. They didn't plan on stopping. Now that all monsters were dead, they had nothing to worry about. Pip still pulled out her pistol, just in case. They had to get to Germany as fast as possible, Pip didn't care if she dropped from exhaustion when they got there.

She needed her friends to live.

...

A Day Later...

Vietnam POV
--------

Vietnam nodded as Poland moved the board higher up on the wooden wall.

" Yeah, that's good," called Vietnam," Go ahead and nail that down. This will be a good shack to keep food in when it's done."

" Hey Vietnam," called North.

Vietnam turned around and saw his friend," Any sign of them."

" Nothing so far," said North," Since the monsters died we can assume they are on their way back."

" Yeah," said Vietnam," I'm sorry, I'm just worried. You can help Poland get this roof done then you two can take a break."

North walked over to Poland, reaching for a hammer. Vietnam sighed and sat down next to the gate entrance. He had waited for a day since the monsters died, waited for Philippines, America, and Russia to walk through and tell them their epic tale. They had been gone for almost two weeks. Vietnam was worried.

They would be back soon. And he could hug Pip and tell her he loved her, and then she could finally rest. They could all put their weapons down and be happy.

That sounded nice.

And oh so unrealistic.